Found a big bull kill this past weekend here in AZ on the second day of the archery hunt. Was hiking out of a canyon and found the skull/rack, bones scattered, along with some hide, etc. Stunk to high heaven.
I know there's always the chance he was hurt and the predators got him; but couldn't have been an archery kill, as it stunk too bad and was too early.
- Again, big bull, plenty of teeth, no rack or teeth signs of old age/deterioration.
- Rack was clean, no velvet
- No sun bleaching of rack or bones
- Area stunk like hell and there was still a little hide left
- Couldn't find (didn't look too hard, cause didn't think of at the time) any hints toward kill cause.
Anyway, this is my first deadhead I've ever found; but just wondering if I should suspect anything fishy going on with it. Just seems odd that a big, strong bull like that would've been killed by predators in the last couple weeks.
Seen anything like this? Thoughts?
"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."