This dish is simply amazing.
What you’ll need:
5-6 wild mallard duck breasts
1 medium/large white onion
1 green bell pepper
6 strips of bacon
I packet of lawry’s regular taco seasoning
3 Avocados (For guacamole)
Refried Black Beans
1 head of lettuce
Small corn or flour tortillas (soft taco size)
Here’s how ya do it:
1. Prep the meat by cleaning up all shot wounds and discarding all fat/silver. Long ways, slice the meat about a ¼ of an inch thick, and then cube the strips. You want the meat to be small, about a ¼ of an inch cube or a ¼ of an inch by ½ of an inch. You don’t want mushy meat, just really small cubes.
2. Take your cubed meat and place it in a shallow container. Then spread the entire packet of Lawry’s Taco Seasoning over the meat, 2/3 cups of water, the juice from 1 lime, and some garlic powder. Mix all of that together, assuring that each piece of meat gets engulfed in the marinade, then place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. *If you need to add more water, do it... just don’t overdo it.
3. Fry up six pieces of bacon. Whatever you do, don’t overcook the bacon. If anything, undercook it. While bacon is frying, finely chop the white onion and bell pepper. Once bacon is done cooking take it to the chopping board and… CHOP! Save it for later. Discard the majority of the bacon grease, but save enough to get your sauté on with your finely chopped onion and pepper.
4. Sauté that onion and bell pepper (that is 1 whole white onion and 1 whole bell pepper) in the bacon grease, add a little under a tablespoon of crushed garlic and salt/pepper.
5. Once the white onions start to shows signs oF losing their coloration, add your meat with all of the juices from the marinade and add the bacon. Turn on the heat, don’t freak out that it looks like soup, and bring to a boil, then cover and simmer while stirring frequently.
6. Chop your lettuce, make your guacamole, shred the Queso Fresco and heat your beans.
7. After meat has cooked for 30-45 minutes, strain the majority of the juice out of the pan, then spread the Queso Fresco all over the meat, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until the cheese is melted.
8. You should be able to handle the rest.