Antelope 007-20

huntzall

My boy drew this tag and is super excited . The area is absolutely huge . Anybody have a good starting point ? Hoping to be able to find a motel to hunt out of . Thanks in advance

Honestly I do not. I’ve never been to that part of the state . I’ve goose hunted outside billing’s that’s a close to the area .

You sure? Usually it's either sex and doe/fawn. Check your tags. I've never been "issued" two doe tags in Montana. mtmuley
I've held and filled 4 tags a season in Montana. Been a long time ago. Used to draw a buck tag, then every successful applicant was offered 2 doe/fawn tags. You could also buy one multi-region doe/fawn OTC.

I drew a NR doe tag with less than 3.5% odds but blanked the buck tag with 54% odds (based on last years numbers). They had a secondary offering for existing tag holders for an additional doe tag only good in 704 and 705.

Overall numbers are completely decimated. I hunted same areas 4 years ago and by my eye populations are down 95-97% based on what I saw. Granted last hunt was opening day, this was week following, I'm sure that has some impact but not that much 5-10%.
Hunted west of Alzada and Albion east back to 3 corners. Filled one tag on wed am and one tag on thur am.

If anyone is stil trying to fil tags there is a big group of 40 hanging out just west of Alazada on the first piece of BLM south of the road. Saw one shooter buck in 2 days of driving 500 miles. :(

Might skip next year and give them a chance to rebound if winter is kinder than last. I'm shocked they did secondary offering with herds in this shape, 150 doe tags for region 7 does not impact the overall population statistically, but it doesn't help.

On the upside, the ones I cut up were REAL fat. Lots of good groceries and the mulies I saw looked very healthy too.

Last edited:
I drew a NR doe tag with less than 3.5% odds but blanked the buck tag with 54% odds (based on last years numbers). They had a secondary offering for existing tag holders for an additional doe tag only good in 704 and 705.

Overall numbers are completely decimated. I hunted same areas 4 years ago and by my eye populations are down 95-97% based on what I saw. Granted last hunt was opening day, this was week following, I'm sure that has some impact but not that much 5-10%.
Hunted west of Alzada and Albion east back to 3 corners. Filled one tag on wed am and one tag on thur am.

If anyone is stil trying to fil tags there is a big group of 40 hanging out just west of Alazada on the first piece of BLM south of the road. Saw one shooter buck in 2 days of driving 500 miles. :(

Might skip next year and give them a chance to rebound if winter is kinder than last. I'm shocked they did secondary offering with herds in this shape, 150 doe tags for region 7 does not impact the overall population statistically, but it doesn't help.

On the upside, the ones I cut up were REAL fat. Lots of good groceries and the mulies I saw looked very healthy too.
I am shocked you filled 2 doe tags when you knew the herd was "decimated" down 95-97%?
And you still filled 2 tags?

Yep. G & F caps NR tags and ill draw this one less than every 30 years statistcally. If u draw OIL are you pocketing it or making the best of your tag based on conditions in the year you drew?

1698587346340.jpeg

We ended up shooting a buck on the first day we was there .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom