beattys butte

dsbudman

anyone hunt the west side of beattys butte in the last few yearsi hunted it 15 years ago and have 6 pts was thinking of going for it. any thoughts.
Thanks David

As Oregon deer hunting goes it's Ok, I wouldn't blow 6 points on it myself. I didn't chuckar hunt there much this year but in the last 5 years hunting birds in Nov and Dec I haven't seen a buck I'd care about shooting in the Pueblo's. a few are taken each year though I hear.

Hunted it 3 years ago when my son had the tag, no mature deer, deer were scattered in pockets and it was just plain tough. Any leftover hunt in colorado would be a better bet.

Rich

I have guided in it the past 5 years. It is a tough hunt and the disadvantage alot of guys have is that they are not their every year. Their are some great bucks in the unit along with big country. If you are there every year during the season you have a great advantage. What makes this tough is that people cannot learn where the deer are year after year. Still a great hunt but you best know the unit super well or you are looking at harvesting a small buck.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom