Big Game CD from the DOW

F

Flatlandr

Anyone have / used this software? I am planning a Muley hunt for Dad & Myself in 2009 and like everyone would like to hunt a unit with quality bucks, plus Dad is getting up there in his age and that will probably be his last opportunity at a nice Muley buck hunt. I am a non-resi and will have 5 PP at that time. Will this software really help in figuring which units have good bucks in them?

Other thoughts about the software?

Thanks,
Mark

My brother has the CD and I've only used it on a limited basis. It has some good info but I wouldn't rely completely upon it. I will say that if you're a non-resident, I would take advantage of as many resources like this as possible. Since scouting here in Colorado is probably impossible for you, the price is actually minimal regarding the info you'll get. I would use this info in combination with doing a few other things like researching the DOW's harvest reports (available on their website), calling and speaking directly with the DOW and then trying to ask as many questions as possible on sites like this one.

I can definitely relate to your Dad getting older. I'm in the same situation with my Dad. How well does your Dad get around? Will you be hunting on foot or by horseback. That kind of stuff will also help you determine what unit you'll want to hunt.

I don't claim to know everything but living here in Colorado and having researched and scouted a lot of areas, I would be willing to help you find out more information as your search progresses. Just let me know what you need and I'll let you know if I have any info. Good luck.

coloradoelkhunter,
Thanks for your time! Dad gets around ok, he has COPD from many years of smoking cigarettes which (thank God) he finally quit once diagnosed. He can get there, just takes him twice as long as a healthy flatlander. Most likely we will be on foot but wouldn't rule out anything if it makes sense for the hunt.

Really appreciate the offer for help and will definitely take you up on it! What part of Colorado are you in & what areas are you famillar with?

PM me if you prefer or email,

[email protected]

Thanks again,
Mark

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom