Bosque Del Oso 2023

I hunted Mule deer down there in '22 during second rifle. There were two bulls, one of which was probably a 320, and a cow taken then. Out of 15 hunters. Beautiful piece of land. But unless you have horses or handicapped it's all boot leather past the gate. With the exception of one youth hunter, everyone was in their 60's and 70's and had played the long point game.

I hunted Mule deer down there in '22 during second rifle. There were two bulls, one of which was probably a 320, and a cow taken then. Out of 15 hunters. Beautiful piece of land. But unless you have horses or handicapped it's all boot leather past the gate. With the exception of one youth hunter, everyone was in their 60's and 70's and had played the long point game.
Any opinion on the bear hunting in there? Thanks

I saw bear scat on the roads. Only one bear hunter was there during my hunt using one of those tags that kept rolling over to another season. He was unsuccessful during my time there. He had hunted bear exclusively for two weeks. I did not see any bear when I was there or hear that anyone else did during the Second Rifle.

I think during September it is one of the premier bear units in Co. at least it takes the most points to draw, good habitat for them there for sure

I am too old to ever hunt it again. But it is the prettiest piece of unspoiled public land I have ever hunted. CPW is determined to keep it that way with almost zero hunting/fishing footprint.

I am too old to ever hunt it again. But it is the prettiest piece of unspoiled public land I have ever hunted. CPW is determined to keep it that way with almost zero hunting/fishing footprint.

Sounds like the hunting sucks.

I heard that the locals push all of the elk off of there over onto the private a couple days before the season. Anyone else debunk these rumors?

It would be kind of hard to do. It's surrounded by big ranches. There are elk on private and they go through the Bosque to hit other ranches. It's not an easy hunt. If you get one you'll of earned it.

The other bull that was taken while I was there was probably a 280 5x5. Guy in his late 70's early 80's was handicapped and was allowed to drive on the roads, along with a spotter/retriever. He took about a 400-yard shot off the hood of his pickup truck with a 30-378 Weatherby and just crushed it. I mention it because he was frail, but could still handle the cannon.

The other bull that was taken while I was there was probably a 280 5x5. Guy in his late 70's early 80's was handicapped and was allowed to drive on the roads, along with a spotter/retriever. He took about a 400-yard shot off the hood of his pickup truck with a 30-378 Weatherby and just crushed it. I mention it because he was frail, but could still handle the ca
Good for him. Glad to hear he was allowed to do so.

There are 500 roads crisscrossing the entire thing. It should be a good hunt for a handicap person to hunt. Glad the old timer got him one.

I hunted the Bosque a few years ago for turkeys. I used it to see if it was worth burning max bear pts.

Although the Bosque is a cool area there are a few downsides. The biggest would be all of the oil pumps and pads. They take a bit away from the great scenery and make noise. There also is oilfield traffic up and down the roads. Not the most prestine area.

With that said, it's a large property with limited hunting that's opened to the public.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom