Deer hunting around Rexburg, ID?

J

jt00082

I am looking at trying to get my first Idaho deer this year. I will be hunting within 50 miles of Rexburg, ID. Would any of you have suggestions on what controlled hunt I should put in for? I am trying to bag a nice buck with a good set of antlers.

In your opinion, what areas would be best to hunt in?

Thanks!

Josh

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-10 AT 07:00AM (MST)[p]Josh,
they are hard to draw, but the controlled hunts in November around that area are a good choice. You get a long season lasting to late November plus the rut.

Idaho Fish and Game just put their regulation booklets on their website, so check out the deer section specifically the "controlled deer hunts" on page 19.

If you don't draw, then you get to hunt the general deer season in October, which can still produce a decent buck if you work hard.

When you're in Rexburg, just look east, west, north, and south- there's bucks in all those units.

The Christian

Hey, thanks for the info. I looked on there and the controlled hunts do look fairly hard to draw on but I am still planning on putting in for them. I am a fairly lucky person and I am confident that I am going to draw for either a deer or elk this year. ;) Hopefully that holds true. If I do draw, I will be posting again trying to get some advice.

I have heard the closer you get to Yellowstone the better the hunting gets, is that true?

I'm wanting to put in for those because the hunt is longer and I need all the time I can get!

Does anybody have any pictures of deer they have killed around Rexburg?? It would be cool to see some examples..

Not true about hunting being better closer to Yellowstone, JT. The park isn't known as good deer habitat, so you won't see many big bucks hanging around it. Also, the closer to Yellowstone, the more likely you will run into wolves or grizzly bears.

What do you want to hunt rifle muzzleloader archery...lots of places around rexburg you can get a decent white tail....i live in menan, if you know where that is...if i was you i would put in for the late hunts like 64, 65, 67, 69, if you want to know more i grew up hunting around here but where i hunt people and wolves are making me look elsewhere

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

Hey, I will be doing a rifle hunt. I'm going to be putting in for 67 or 69. Hopefully I will draw for the controlled hunt so i can have a lot of time to find a great deer. Otherwise I will just be doing the general hunts somewhere...

Where are the wolves at? Maybe I should avoid areas with them there?

i 2nd the no deer towards yellowstone and lots of bears. do have a good chance of a great bull just hard to find them.

wolves are pretty much everywhere you gotta deal with them. Good luck on the draws

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

What do you want to hunt rifle muzzleloader archery...lots of places around rexburg you can get a decent white tail....i live in menan, if you know where that is...if i was you i would put in for the late hunts like 64, 65, 67, 69, if you want to know more i grew up hunting around here but where i hunt people and wolves are making me look elsewhere

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

I also live in Manan and this is my first year hunting whitetail i just got out of 8 Years in the Army and moved my family to Lewisville! I would love any info if you can give any tips that would help an old veteran out it would be greatly appreciated email me at [email protected] and thank you in advance. I have tried Deer Park WMU during archery season not much happening there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom