Euro before mounting

Muley_73

Very Active Member
Who else euros their heads while waiting for a mount …who else ends up struggling to lose the euro?

98760681-F676-412B-B45A-9F6AB7C86B94.png
3FD8D7A2-5D76-408B-ADBA-DF8925173BF4.png

100%
I have 2 bucks right now that are euro. They are going to be a double pedestal mounted soon. Half of me wished to keep them euro.

Looks good! I euro everything. While I like looking at great taxidermy I am a minimalist so no mounts.
I wish I would have done this years back. I have a bunch of mounts- African plains game, along with some deer and elk. Some really good field pic's and a Euro is a great option in my opinion.

It's pathetic that most of my mounts are sitting in a storage unit.

Hopefully, in the next year I will finally have a place to hang them...

I wish I would have done this years back. I have a bunch of mounts- African plains game, along with some deer and elk. Some really good field pic's and a Euro is a great option in my opinion.

It's pathetic that most of my mounts are sitting in a storage unit.

Hopefully, in the next year I will finally have a place to hang them...
Euros are also easier to hang in a garage or even outside.

I like euros and once it is euroed I usually just sell the cape. Non-typical euros are sweet, You can pick it up, turn it around, look at it from every angle, and put it back on the stand.

A big typical I'm torn on shoulder mounting. A gnarly buck like this, he'd be a euro forever if he was mine. I'd tan the cape and wait for a year to decide if I was really torn.

Looks good! I euro everything. While I like looking at great taxidermy I am a minimalist so no mounts.
Same for me. I euro everything. I have two shoulder mounts and the most recent one is over 25 years old. The costs for a shoulder mount these days is crazy!!! I'd rather use the $$ for new gear or tags!!

I may never get another shoulder mount again. I had a couple done by an awesome taxidermist when I lived in Utah and I love them and enjoy looking at them daily. I killed a decent buck here in Nevada and didn't have time to do the euro myself before having to go back to work so I dropped it off a local shop before flying out to meetings. It was an older deer so I saved the cape and offered it to the taxidermist to help out someone who might need one. He was very complimentary of the buck and cape and talked me into doing a shoulder mount. I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't stand firm and just get the euro that I wanted. Long story short, I hate the mount and it bugs me every time I see it. I'm thinking soon I will tear it apart and make a fake euro that I can hopefully enjoy.

A good friend of mine euroed a 190"+ deer this year and it looks Fantastic!------SS

Last edited:
I euro all mine when i get home from the hunt or even while I'm there depending on the situation... And yes, after I get the shoulder mount, I'm somewhat disappointed I didn't keep the euro....
Same here Tikka My son and I both try to Euro before we leave the hunt area. Then my wife doesn't get upset when there is brains and

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom