"Mid-range 30.06 - suggestions?"

K

kphunter

I've already made my gun purchase for the year, but I'll be in the market for an elk/deer rifle in '04.

What are your recommendations for a mid-range rifle ($400-$600) in a 30.06? I'd prefer a wood stock but would consider a synthetic if the price is right.

KP

i would go with the remington 700 ADL... adjustable trigger and extremly accurate

I have a Winchester Model 70 Featherweightin 30-06 and I really like it. If you are a fan of nice wood stocks, I would give the Winchester the edge over the Remington. If you are looking for value and accuracy don't overlook the Savage 110 Series. I have a Savage Model 110 in .270 with laminated wood stock and it is extremely accurate. I shot an antelope at a distance of 342 yards in Wyoming with it-one shot kill-longest shot I have ever taken.

I like the Winchester becuase the wood is very nice and I have a Leupold 2.5x8 with 36mm objective and the shape of the gun allows me to have the scope mounted low and forward.

Good Luck

Joe

i have probably one of the most attracvite rifles on the market today. it is a remington 700 bdl mountain lss. this gun is a beautiful rifle. i have over 1200 in mine with the scope biod sling, and modifcations. it is accurate also, a month or so ago, i put 5 shots in about a 1/2 inch group, they were all touching making one circle. with handloads this gun can be extremly accurate and will definantely(sp) catch the eyes of all fo your hunting buddies. here is the link to the page to check it out
http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/700mtnls.htm
casey
ps, i did not pay 800 for mine, i looked around and paid 673 for it

i am shooting a brno 30.06 and i love it dearly.very accurate and has a beautiful black walnut stock very nice balance.

>i am shooting a brno 30.06
>and i love it dearly.very
>accurate and has a beautiful
>black walnut stock very nice
>balance.

Sawmill, what is a brno (Browning)?

KP

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom