New to UNIT 15 NM First bow hunt

TacoTatan

Hi all been looking around for some good info on unit 15. i drew the first bow hunt in september. Never been down there but always hear good feedback. Anyone got some info on good spots around unit 15. Going to start scouting soon just to get a feel for the land.

You should provide additional background on yourself. Military Vet, retired fireman, handicapped, youth hunter…..

I was there last year on the first hunt and we had a blast, I was blessed enough to harvested a bull on my 5th day of hunting. There are definitely some areas I avoided because of how many people and camps there was in a certain area even though those areas did hold elk but in general 15 is a big unit with elk from the flats to the peaks and everywhere in between. If you not trying to shoot a monster you should have a blast, do your homework, set some cameras and enjoy the process.

Hi all been looking around for some good info on unit 15. i drew the first bow hunt in september. Never been down there but always hear good feedback. Anyone got some info on good spots around unit 15. Going to start scouting soon just to get a feel for the land.
Two years ago was fantastic, called in over 70 bulls. Last year I only had the archery deer tag there, but noticed the elk was far worse. This year I have the second archery hunt and the deer tag. Good luck! There’s elk everywhere, east and west of the highway, just drive a public road in the middle of the night to scout do some cow calls, find a bull that sounds nice and chase him in the morning.

Last year not much for elk bugles, wolves everywhere and at water tanks...1st season was tough. Hire a good outfitter to do a semi or fully guided hunt.
They’re out of control , I’ve found at least 20 elk dead not even eaten only the genitals were gone. Mangy mutts.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom