ORANGES ANYBODY???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Couple Morning Ago It Was -6!

Down Town It Was -3!

A Recent Wall Jumper Had 1/2 A Truck Load Of Oranges Un-Loaded On A Street Corner Trying To Sell Them!

They Wasn't Gonna Spoil & I'm Sure They Were Crispy!

Came Back By About 4 Hours Later & The Pile Still Looked The Same!

Any Of You Shop For Fresh Fruit In January With Them Temps?

I order a few hundred pounds of oranges and grapefruit from an outfit in Mesa Az. every year, B&B Citrus farms. They pick em ripe and ship em same day for most of December and part of January, Damn they are good!!.
They quit shipping sometime in early February.
Thats when i have to start buying em from the Pinche's set up in the parking lots, they ain't quite as good as the ones I order but still far better than the ones you get from the grocery store.

Not sure I have eaten a hundred pounds of oranges in the last 10 years. What do you do with them all?
Pass some around to friends, neighbors and employees
I have eight grandchildren and they can mow through a 40 pound box in about three days.
And I just love good quality fruits, and vegetables, they can be pretty hard to come by especially in the winter.
There ought to be a law against what all these grocery stores call produce, I feel like I waste my money every time I go in and buy almost any produce from the grocery store.
I probably eat two grapefruit and 6 to 10 oranges a day, far better than a cookie or piece of cake.

I'd Suspect He's CHUMMING Something In!:D

RAZZIN Ya muk!:D
Wish I could chum some Chukar in with em.
Had a friend come down from Alaska to do some Chukar hunting the first week of December sent him home with all the birds we shot while he was here plus another 35-40 birds I had in the freezer, thinking I had plenty of time to fill the freezer again.
Broke my damn leg a few days later right before Christmas and sposed to be on crutches till mid February.
Now I ain't got no bird meat!!

Think they just walk in now, talking on BIDEN supplied cell phones.
There, fixed it for you.
Since when has Biden ever paid for anything? Last time I checked that’d be mine and your money. Now if we can just get a decent non orange colored Republican to run against him we might have a way out of this mess.

Sorry To Hear That muk!

Hope You Heal Up Soon!

Wish I could chum some Chukar in with em.
Had a friend come down from Alaska to do some Chukar hunting the first week of December sent him home with all the birds we shot while he was here plus another 35-40 birds I had in the freezer, thinking I had plenty of time to fill the freezer again.
Broke my damn leg a few days later right before Christmas and sposed to be on crutches till mid February.
Now I ain't got no bird meat!!

Thanks Bess.
The thing that hurts the most is I have an eight month old pup that was really figuring it out fast. Now she’s on the bench mostly just a yard dog.
IMG_1395.png
IMG_1393.jpeg
IMG_1392.jpeg
IMG_1391.jpeg

Ya!

Sometimes Life SUCKS!

And We All Get A Turn Or Two At It!

But Think Of The Good Side!

You're Gonna Be healed Up When That 'A' Trip Rolls Around!

Pass some around to friends, neighbors and employees
I have eight grandchildren and they can mow through a 40 pound box in about three days.
And I just love good quality fruits, and vegetables, they can be pretty hard to come by especially in the winter.
There ought to be a law against what all these grocery stores call produce, I feel like I waste my money every time I go in and buy almost any produce from the grocery store.
I probably eat two grapefruit and 6 to 10 oranges a day, far better than a cookie or piece of cake.
Does it give you the sh!ts? 🤣 I love oranges and I eat 2 a day, anymore than that I better be close to a bathroom….

I used to eat a lot of oranges then one year they had a big freeze in Florida and I haven't had a good one since. That was years ago. My wife loved the Cara Cara oranges.

Now I see a lot of sidewalk vendors selling strawberries in the spring and summer. I've never bought any though.

Ya!

Sometimes Life SUCKS!

And We All Get A Turn Or Two At It!

But Think Of The Good Side!

You're Gonna Be healed Up When That 'A' Trip Rolls Around!
Very true!
I have pretty much enjoyed good health for 61 years, every once in a while ya get knocked back a step or two in order to see what lifes all about.
I'll garan damn T you one thing I will never take the simple act of walking for granted EVER again.

Blondie has been away looking after some elderly relatives since the day before I broke it, so I've been going at it alone.
I don't think I will ever take all of her efforts and hard work around here for granted ever again as well.

My friends and neighbors have more than stepped up bringing me grub, helping me get groceries, plowing out my driveway, running my dogs.............. and way more than that.

Breaking a leg sucks for sure,,,,
But I'm thinking it has also been a great blessing and has provided some clairity and a lil reminder for what truly is important in life.

And yup I got plane tickets, and every other detail set in place for that lil fishin' trip I do every year, they are going to remove all the hardware around the first part of March so
I should be all healed up to wade them rivers in June.

Last edited:
Not sure I have eaten a hundred pounds of oranges in the last 10 years. What do you do with them all?
we picked quite a few yesterday navels and they are great when they are ripe on the trees. Tree in my backyard produces the best oranges every year. Also Avocado's are in season at the Farmers Market on Saturday really good. I'll bet SS would love getting them $1 a piece wonder what he pays in Alaska

I Do Know Banana's Ain't Cheap In Alaska Along With Everything-else Up There!

we picked quite a few yesterday navels and they are great when they are ripe on the trees. Tree in my backyard produces the best oranges every year. Also Avocado's are in season at the Farmers Market on Saturday really good. I'll bet SS would love getting them $1 a piece wonder what he pays in Alaska

Our jumpers sell flowers on the corners across from the orange dudes. Other corner has snow globe looking things.

Well Tikka!

It's A Long Story!

My Dad When He Was Still Alive Took An Alaskan Vacation Every Summer!

He Got To Know Which Guides Were Good & Which Ones Wanted To Take You To The Chicken Patch!

So After Years Of Hearing All These Different Rules The Captain Had!

Me & My Son Finally Got To Go To Alaska & I WAS PREPARED!:D

The Ole Man Told Me Countless Times Whatever I Do,DO NOT Board The Boat With Any Bananas!

You Ever Bought Bananas In Wasilla Alaska?

JUDAS!

I Snuck Em On The Boat The First Day Out!

The Captain Kept Looking Back Once In A While!

About an Hour Out I Get The Clump Of Wasilla Gold Out & Set Them On The Middle Deck Where The Captain Would For Surely See Them!

HOLY FRICK!

This Wasn't Good!

There's A story About Bananas On A Boat Out In The Ocean!

And I Found Out Real Quick This Wasn't A Good Situation!:D

I Got The Captain Every Day Though!

He Couldn't Pull SQUAT On The Ole cat!:D

Great Times But I Think About After 5 Days Of My BS He'd Had Enough!:D

And just what was the banana purchase for Bess?

Bad juju to take bananas on board a ocean fishing trip. My buddy when he first started going out with me brought bananas with him and they almost went back to shore to drop him off.
After a few tense moments he decided to throw them overboard it was a good decision given that if he didn't he might have ended up in the drink........

Well Tikka!

It's A Long Story!

My Dad When He Was Still Alive Took An Alaskan Vacation Every Summer!

He Got To Know Which Guides Were Good & Which Ones Wanted To Take You To The Chicken Patch!

So After Years Of Hearing All These Different Rules The Captain Had!

Me & My Son Finally Got To Go To Alaska & I WAS PREPARED!:D

The Ole Man Told Me Countless Times Whatever I Do,DO NOT Board The Boat With Any Bananas!

You Ever Bought Bananas In Wasilla Alaska?

JUDAS!

I Snuck Em On The Boat The First Day Out!

The Captain Kept Looking Back Once In A While!

About an Hour Out I Get The Clump Of Wasilla Gold Out & Set Them On The Middle Deck Where The Captain Would For Surely See Them!

HOLY FRICK!

This Wasn't Good!

There's A story About Bananas On A Boat Out In The Ocean!

And I Found Out Real Quick This Wasn't A Good Situation!:D

I Got The Captain Every Day Though!

He Couldn't Pull SQUAT On The Ole cat!:D

Great Times But I Think About After 5 Days Of My BS He'd Had Enough!:D
Bess, I knew that story I'm glad you shared with the rest of the MMer's...

I was fishing at out of Cancun a couple years ago... The captain was in a chair up top and the rest of us paying fisherman were down below the upper deck where he sat...

We were still chartering out to his fishing location when the captain came down to take a pizz... He passed by one of the guys with us and this particular gentleman had a banana next to him...

The captain stopped and asked quite aggressively if that was his banana, this gentleman just looked at him with a blank stare... The captain then asked again, is that your banana? The guy finally said yes, that's my banana...

The captain then said you have two options, 1 throw that banana out into the ocean now, or 2 eat it now!

The guy hurried up and ate it... I don't believe it was even 20 minutes later and the banana guy was puking the rest of the day...

As we all exited the boat later that afternoon, the captain said aloud so everyone could here... Banana boy, I hope you learned your lesson about taking bananas on board a fishing boat...

He just nodded his head yes and walked off....:LOL:

LOL Tikka!

Bess, I knew that story I'm glad you shared with the rest of the MMer's...

I was fishing at out of Cancun a couple years ago... The captain was in a chair up top and the rest of us paying fisherman were down below the upper deck where he sat...

We were still chartering out to his fishing location when the captain came down to take a pizz... He passed by one of the guys with us and this particular gentleman had a banana next to him...

The captain stopped and asked quite aggressively if that was his banana, this gentleman just looked at him with a blank stare... The captain then asked again, is that your banana? The guy finally said yes, that's my banana...

The captain then said you have two options, 1 throw that banana out into the ocean now, or 2 eat it now!

The guy hurried up and ate it... I don't believe it was even 20 minutes later and the banana guy was puking the rest of the day...

As we all exited the boat later that afternoon, the captain said aloud so everyone could here... Banana boy, I hope you learned your lesson about taking bananas on board a fishing boat...

He just nodded his head yes and walked off....:LOL:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom