Texas, Welcome to ALL the state of Utah

elkfromabove

Very Active Member
Tristate, I don't know where you live, but I hope this didn't affect you! AND I certainly hope the citizens of Texas, the cattle ranchers and the wildlife you dearly love get through this as well as they do in Utah. AND I hope the governments of both states (an others) realize how evil cheatgrass is and are making (or going to make) efforts to WIPE IT OUT! Well wishes, Lee
https://www.newsweek.com/texas-fire-map-update-multiple-panhandle-blazes-187...
https://www.invasiveplantatlas.org/subject.html?sub=5214

I'm sorry but I can't get the links to work, I'll keep trying.

Last edited:
Folks that lost all are now having to shoot surviving livestock due to injuries. It is BAD down there.
Not looking forward to the drive through the area next month.

Folks that lost all are now having to shoot surviving livestock due to injuries. It is BAD down there.
Not looking forward to the drive through the area next month.
I have a question. Was/is there a lot of cheatgrass? The map shows there is some, but not how much per some color code.
Neither link works.
www.invasiveplantatlas.org/grass.cfm
then scroll down to Bromus tectorum

www.fireweatheravalanche.org
then click on wildfires
then scroll to the map of Texas.

Last edited:
I'm only concerned about people, homes and critters. Burning grass is great but I'm with Tristate and managed controlled burns would greatly reduce the out of control burning we see now . The mountain i live in now is set for a catastrophic fire due to poor management, tree huggers have stopped logging and deadfall is thick. Once a fire starts up there , if there's any wind they won't stop it. Crying shame.

What is gods reason for all this???
Reason?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

His world isn't so simple.

I'm sure you've heard of the butterfly effect. How a little butterfly starts a hurricane on the other side of the planet. But now the hurricane flaps its wings.

Do you really want someone to tell you the "reason" is so a kid named Bobby Sue can get the puppy she wanted in the year 2028? Get real. You aren't supposed to understand. That's not your purpose.

Not surprised you wanna shift my comments about Texas fires into your " I hate God" rhetoric. Bottom line is God gave Man dominion over His creation but we must remember that Jesus said " My Kingdom is not of this World "
We have allowed misguided folks ( creation lovers rather than Creator lovers) to take control. It's unfortunate but doesn't surprise me. Good night SS.

I'm only concerned about people, homes and critters. Burning grass is great but I'm with Tristate and managed controlled burns would greatly reduce the out of control burning we see now . The mountain i live in now is set for a catastrophic fire due to poor management, tree huggers have stopped logging and deadfall is thick. Once a fire starts up there , if there's any wind they won't stop it. Crying shame.
Please don't dismiss "grasses" so easily if there's cheatgrass there. It's an invasive foreign annual grass that has a life cycle and structure that thrives on disturbed soils like fires. It's not called CHEATgrass for nothing. Most people know it's cheating life cycle which has it spouting in the fall , blooming in early spring, dropping seeds in late spring and dying before the rest of the grasses (and vegetation around it) are even mature.

But its life cycle is only the tip of the iceberg. It cheats mule deer and mule deer habitat in many other ways! I've found 19 and am still looking, so if the above link isn't enough, I'm more than willing to give you what I found. In any case I hope this strikes home with the powers that be. If you want to save or increase our deer herds (and other wildlife), you're gonna hafta deal with cheatgrass and put it higher on your "conservation" priority list.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom