Thoughts on new Special license fees

I disagree on Wy potentially being the least generous. Even if it goes 90/10.

I disagree as well, but think the point was there have been a lot of changes made with the higher point costs, cc fees and wilderness rule.

As stated previously, it is what it is. People can choose to participate or not.

^^^Oh don't worry.

I am confident that one certainly special douchebag will post a picture of all of his 6+ big game tags and still have the nerve to b1tch about not getting enough resident allocation.

It's happened before.
I only had 9 Wyoming tags.

That is the vast majority of the US population. Hence my post #2 and the relevancy to your statement. Wyoming is affordable but this definition is waning. It's not just WY though. I am a Colorado resident and feel the resident price here are growing at a ridiculous rate. Annual increases are tied to the CPI and not to exceed 3% each year. Believe it or not, for some folk these increases outpace wage increases + factor everything else deducted from your wages let alone other living expenses.

Perhaps I am unique where I'm willing to make cuts elsewhere to afford the tag and hunt. Figure I need to cut about $750 each at today's prices for our next Wyoming hunts. This will change as time progresses, our earnings grow, & vacation time increase.

A Wyoming hunt to us is like many folks going to Cancun in February. Probably a dam good reason I like Pendleton, a good steak, and a cigar for dessert. ✌️
@DoeNob good points. Inflation is a killer. Trucks have double in cost in 20 years. Power bills are outrageous. Feel sorry for retired individuals on a fixed income. Not sure we need to worry about tag cost or animal populations in 20 years because there may not be any hunting the way we have now.
I’m NOT coming to Wyoming again because the antelope hunting has gone to hell - period- droughts & winter 🥶 kills from Monster Winters, & the Prices $$$$$ went thru the roof, hell I’m retired & income went to pot too, where’s the $$$ coming from ?????? I’ll hunt now in Colorado where I live ! Even if in many cases it sucks too- it’s still lot’s cheaper & available too !!
Jerry Gold- Windsor, Colorado 😁🍀

I look forward to apply to Wyoming as I do New Mexico and think it’s neat that I still have a chance at a tag in the random no matter what the % split.

Anyone who thinks WY did this to help draw odds is uneducated about WY G&F and has not paid attention to WY the past 15 years. They are all about making the most money, for the longest time, giving out the fewest tags to NR's.

Twice in the past decade they have even sent out questionnaires to NR's to figure out how to best do this.

They did this to make more money and wrapped on this bag of crap for NR's with a bow and said "Your welcome for us making draw odds better".

To make matters worse many fell for it.

Anyone who thinks WY did this to help draw odds is uneducated about WY G&F and has not paid attention to WY the past 15 years. They are all about making the most money, for the longest time, giving out the fewest tags to NR's.

Twice in the past decade they have even sent out questionnaires to NR's to figure out how to best do this.

They did this to make more money and wrapped on this bag of crap for NR's with a bow and said "Your welcome for us making draw odds better".

It wasn't the G&F that did it, it was the Task Force and the outfitters. It was approved by the Legislature and it does increase drawing odds for those smart enough to figure it out.

Also, if G&F was all about giving NR the fewest tags, why did the drop the 7250 quota for elk and increase NR general elk tags by 600?

Nice post though, even if you got it all wrong.

🤡

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom