300Winnie, You bring up a lot of good points. I wish I new all the Info and Facts. We had a Directors meeting last night and another one in 2 weeks. After the Sportsman’s show in Boise. Another time puller for me. So hopefully I can answer a little bit then reply on additional stuff in a few days or weeks *SMILE*
I honestly can't answer all the questions you have about the Club "YET". I can Spout off about the Bitter brush planting, cleanup projects, monies to the Hunters Education programs/Kids Programs... And the list goes on. What I can't do is tell you what a POWER we have against F&G and the Commissioners. Truthfully I’d be lieing if I said I do or can.
I can tell you that I know a lot of people that have gone to the Commissioner meetings and some of the Commissioners read other stuff or even fall asleep during the presentation. I've yet to get that involved and I can tell you I wouldn't take Kindly to such. I’m sure I’ll be updating you on future meetings soon.
We're putting together a plan as we speak to get out OWN biologist, Do our OWN counts, Beef up the Membership/involvement that we have with-in the organization and approach this subject with a “game plan” and a Strategy. We're setting up Meetings as I type with KEY players in the F&G and people that are involved. A lot of people have been banging their heads too long against the 6' thick wall and we're trying a new Approach.
I'm hoping that "WE" as a group will be big enough to make a Difference. I totally agree that there are 100 Split groups across the State that gets nothing done. PERIOD ! We bring stuff to the Table and do the best with what we had/have and can only do that much. We’ve been around for a long time now, People know about us and there is no reason the club shouldn’t boast some results.
“I” am assembling a team (This is another "WE" but I'll be heading it up, I'll take the Blame if it Fails, the Club and organization can take the Credit if it works. I'm OK with that so don’t bash the “I” *SMILE*)
I can't believe how easy it is to get 15 guys in a Room fired up about stuff. Everyone having good Ideas and good Suggestions, Working together to come up with what needs to be done, then As we're walking out it gets left on the Floor. It’s like most of the guys on the Net beatching about stuff then never donate or get involve.
My goal this year for the club is 3 things.. Within it we will have Milestones to reach and hopefully keep on track. I’ll keep things posted for you to follow and Comment if you’re interested
1. Renew old memberships and sign up new people. There is many things in place now to keep the members interested and informed. Those 2 key things , or lack of doing them, results in loosing membership and interest. This is the Easy part to achieve I think.
2. Make key contacts. We have members that know biologists, commissioners and key people that it takes to learn and get things done. We need to gather all this KEY information and compile it... Which gets me to the Last one.
3. Get Organized!! Sounds Easy but to get everyone on the Same Page, all the information out there, and the Data presented in a Professional manner instead of just a Redneck Hunting group takes A LOT !!! we're working on it.
NOW, First off is the Membership. The membership for the Club is $20. YES, a lot of clubs are out there, a lot of you are members of them. I have one National club on my mind but don't want to spew out its initials. I’m not trying to bash any club at all. Anything that goes for the good of the animals we hunt is a good organization be it small or big. I do want you to ask yourself if you're a member of a club:
1. WHAT are they actually doing for you and your local game?
2. Who is actually benefiting from the money or memberships/life memberships?
3. What is the actually goal of the organization.
4. Are they making a difference or giving it their ALL to do what is right for the Animals.
I can guarantee that DHI will not only satisfy all those questions but answer a lot more. I will not say that in the Next year everything will change. But we will make a Difference and within the next few years be a Club that the F&G / Commissioners will listen too.
After all that Rambling, if you have further Questions about us check out the Website www.deerhuntersofidaho.com or drop me an Email @ email@example.com . I can send you a copy of the Last newsletter and a Signup sheet. Only $20. It will make a Difference. Not that I should have to say this but ALL the directors/staff are working and donating time for Free. NO ONE makes money, it all goes back into the habitat or deer herds in some way.
In 2 weeks I'll update you on the upcoming projects and Projections for the year.
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!