'06 Mexico Pics

P

Prism

Just got back from an awesome trip to Sonora:) Infact, I just plucked out the last cactus spine from my leg-I HOPE!!!

Man, them little suckers live in some nasty crap down there!

It was a really good trip with a good group of guys and some great food. It was way too hot down there and the hunting was tough. The day time temps were in the 80s and it was WINDY for most of the hunt. We saw very little rutting activity, but got into deer around some water holes.

I shot my deer yesterday-the last day of our hunt. I really thought I'd be eating tag soup. As luck would have it I shot the biggest buck I saw during the week. Better late than never!

I'm addicted to the little buggers and can't wait to head back down next winter! There is something special about that country, the people, the deer, and the hunt.

2006CouesHuntadobe.jpg

An old adobe house we found. It was in a really neat spot with a small stream and some really cool old corrals. It'd be neat to know what all took place here over the years.

2006CouesHuntbuck.jpg

My last day buck in the first light of the day.

2006CouesHuntbuck2.jpg

Sweet success!

I'm excited to put this hunt together on another DVD. We were able to film some really neat stuff. Including some footage of a true white javelina, and a 700 yard plus shot on a Coues.

I'm tempted to burn up my AZ deer points on a Coues deer hunt, but I'm a bigger sucker for big dumb mulies:)

www.neverenoughbiggame.com

Congratulations on a great looking coues!! Thanks for sharing your story. Back in the day here in Arizona you could buy a second tag over the counter after the first draw was over. Coues tags were always the left overs. Can't wait to see your new video(s).

Carl

Much Congratulations!

Yup, you're hooked. People always get hooked on them pretty bucks. I can't wait to see that white Jav footage!

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

The rack has some character, for sure. Congrats on a nice looking coues from tough conditions.
Will you be making a separate coues video, or will the hunt be tied in with other species? When can we expect it, as there is such a plethora of coues videoes out there?

Doug~RR

Thanks guys.

The hunt(s) will be on a DVD with other animals-not just a Coues deer DVD. It will kind of like the first DVD. More than likely it will be shorter and there will be two of them-a Vol. 2 and a Vol. 3.

I'm hoping to have Vol. 2 done by late spring.

The white javelina footage is pretty neat as I don't think a hunt for one has ever been filmed before.

Cola Blanca Outfitters has some great ranches down there. If you're thinking about heading to Mexico for Coues I'd give them a call. It's kind of interesting with the gun permits and all.

We actually watched some hunters infront of us get arrested and packed off by the federalies. We were later told they lost everything they had with them-truck, quads, guns, etc....

It's worth every penny to have an outfitter take care of all the paper work for you:) I don't think I'd care for a week in a Mexican jail!

Very nice buck, congratulations and thanks for sharing/posting. I love the extra junk and characters too.

Paul,

Congrats on an awesome trophy. That is a sweet looking Coues...one of these days Im going to have to make the trip down to Ol Mexico to take a crack at them.

Cant wait for the next video(s). SOunds like it will be just as good as the first.

Congrats again!!

SCOTT

Damn man, I thought you were just complaining about how you where gonna pay for all your new mounts, then you go and get another critter to stick on the wall. :) Awesome Coues'! He'd a been a shooter on the first day let alone the last. Congrats, look forward to the next DVD.

Thanks guys!

I keep thinking I'm done mounting stuff for awhile, but then lady luck smiles down upon me and I'm screwed. I'm thinking she must have a deal with the taxidermist:)

All in all it was a tough hunt with very windy hot conditions. There was very little rutting going on. Honestly, any 3 point would of been in trouble the last day. My trigger finger gets pretty itchy after a couple of days:)

Up until the last day we only had one deer down in a camp of 6 hunters. By the end of the last day we had 5 deer in camp. It's funny how that works sometimes-it had a little to do with weather, lower standards, and a lot to do with luck.

Vol. 2 is officially underway as we started capturing footage yesterday. We're gonna try to have it done by the ISE show in Salt Lake-Mid March, but there's a lot to do between now and then, and it seems like something always goes wrong.

Good luck to you guys on your own quest for cola blanca!

Just returned & had difficult conditions as well, we were only 1 for 4 & never saw any rut going on, I'll post picture & story when I get them, I love that buck Prism.

No white piggy for me. Dan Bishop shot it. I'd love to post a pic, but don't want to without his permission, and he's down there guiding another hunt.

Lookin forward to your pics and story.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Mexico Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy Sonoran mule deer and coues deer on over 400,000 acres of private ground.

DIY Coues Deer Hunts

Hunt 20k acre private ranch in Sonora for coues bucks ranging in the 100" class. Email Michael at [email protected].

Sonora Outfitters

We hunt on some of the best ranches in Sonora - known for holding trophy Desert Bighorn Sheep and trophy Mule Deer.

MADD Hunts

DIY coues buck hunts on 30 sq. miles of archery only, private lands. Nice accomodations, along with information and photos.

Back
Top Bottom