061 thru 068

bornhunter

Ok for the guys who have hunted these units before I get there mid October with my rifle tag, where did you leave all the 200 class bucks? C'mon, I know you are all holding out. I'm dang near 70 and can still get in the the brush but it should would be helpful if I got a few tips withouy anyone giving up their honey hole. Seriously my buddy and I are 68 and 66 and would just like to aee a few bucks. We have quads and can still get around pretty good but we will not take just any buck. And if we come home empty handed, no worries if we have a good time and get to chase a couple of good bucks. To all of you who have already hunted I hope you all punched your tags with good animals and for all those who are still after them, good luck. God bless and I hope to bump into some of you and say hello next month.

I'll be helping my dad on the west side. We'll leave Tuesday and hunt through Saturday. He's 63 and, we have a good plan I think. Good luck to you guys as well!

Numbers just aren’t what they used to be. But have seen some quality bucks
Not concerned with the numbers

Unfortunately, numbers just are never going to be what they used to be with the mines and winter range in the condition its in. Just a reality of today I suppose.

My dad did find success 8am opening morning. We found a group of deer day before opener, and I spotted them at first light opening morning. It included a 4pt, and 3 smaller buck, plus about 15 does and fawns.

My dad can't walk very far, and the closest I could get us to them at first was 400 yards. We did a loop and then watched them again work into a patch of willows I could get him within 200 yards of.

We set up on a bluff and waited for them to come out. First 3 does, then the first buck to show himself was the one he killed.

Missed the first shot, and connected with the second. He took a short sprint, spun around and tipped over.

First buck he's killed in over 20 years and he's happy as can be. He's not one to pass up a legal deer.

Because he's not able to walk far, I went down, punched the tag, ans drug it up to him.

The pic of the doe is the vantage point we had before the buck appeared.

20221005_084525.jpg

20221005_075328.jpg

20221005_064659.jpg

20221005_063501.jpg

Ok for the guys who have hunted these units before I get there mid October with my rifle tag, where did you leave all the 200 class bucks? C'mon, I know you are all holding out. I'm dang near 70 and can still get in the the brush but it should would be helpful if I got a few tips withouy anyone giving up their honey hole. Seriously my buddy and I are 68 and 66 and would just like to aee a few bucks. We have quads and can still get around pretty good but we will not take just any buck. And if we come home empty handed, no worries if we have a good time and get to chase a couple of good bucks. To all of you who have already hunted I hope you all punched your tags with good animals and for all those who are still after them, good luck. God bless and I hope to bump into some of you and say hello next month.

09C5EB24-A9F3-46EA-80F8-406E85F63372.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom