067-068 Antelope, alternate tag

Calbuck

NDOW informed me this morning that I'm a proud recipient of a turned in tag as an alternate. Pretty stoked, never hunted antelope before. Are the bucks by themselves in mid-late August or rutting? Ive been in the area later in the year and found some goats, just don't know their habits. Anyway, see you out there!

Thanks guys..I have a deer hunt that will be running concurrent to this hunt, so I'll prob be back and forth for a few long weekends..hope I can make something happen!

NDOW informed me this morning that I'm a proud recipient of a turned in tag as an alternate. Pretty stoked, never hunted antelope before. Are the bucks by themselves in mid-late August or rutting? Ive been in the area later in the year and found some goats, just don't know their habits. Anyway, see you out there!
Congrats on the tag!!! I bet that was an unexpected surprise. Good luck to you. I can’t offer any help with their habits that far North, but I would think you would start to see some pre rut activity especially with the younger goats. They should start mingling with the dies by then.

I am seeing young bucks together right now and more mature bucks with the does.

No rutting activity, but where the does didn't have a mature buck with them two weeks ago, now they do. They are just "there" right now.

It will be like this through August and after the rifle hunt starts, you will see more rut activity and the smaller bucks trying to stake their claim.

Congrats on the tag!!! I bet that was an unexpected surprise. Good luck to you. I can’t offer any help with their habits that far North, but I would think you would start to see some pre rut activity especially with the younger goats. They should start mingling with the dies by then.
Totally unexpected! Ive been in the area many times so have some ideas..just never really paid any attention to the antelope as I never have hunted them before..guess I should have watched a little closer! :unsure:
Should be a fun hunt..I have an archery deer tag in CA with my dad and son at the same time, so gonna have to split the time a bit.

Well, did a little hunting this weekend on this tag.. what a blast! Saw goats seemingly every hour. I didn't fill my tag, but learned a ton and have more country to go look over next time I'm back there. Fun hunt!

Got home today from 067-068..success again on a completely DIY hunt for an animal I’d never hunted before..just gotta get the boots on the ground and figure it out! Not a trophy for the books, but a trophy in my book!

00BE9A15-BF1E-4466-982C-90CE7AA4B000.jpeg

Got home today from 067-068..success again on a completely DIY hunt for an animal I’d never hunted before..just gotta get the boots on the ground and figure it out! Not a trophy for the books, but a trophy in my book!

View attachment 12565
This was not the best antelope I saw on this hunt..but he was second best. #1 got away and that’s prob why he’s a good one. Much respect to these animals. They have a keen eye and run for it at the slightest hint of trouble. They have a fatal flaw, and that is coming back for their does!

Congratulations!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom