072 -074 Nevada Archery Bull

Troy03

Hello all, Long time follower on here, so I decided to make an account(finally). I drew a 07-074 archery bull tag this year, took my first scouting trip up there this last weekend. I spent most of my time in the 76 creek area. Saw some sign of elk, just none through glass. I'm not sure if they are are moving around during dark right now or not. My next trip up is going to be in a few weeks. I'm looking to scout around T creek, Draw creek area. Is this a good place to look or should I be focusing up in the northern part of the wilderness? any pointers would be much appreciated!

I did the muzzleloader hunt there last year. Great hunt.
There were bulls in the places you talked about.
Look inside of the wilderness, probably won't find them by the roads.

I was in the jarbridge 2nd rifle a couple years ago. I have NEVER ever seen so much old sign - bow season. Unreal. I have also hunted NM 15 & 36, CO 76, and WY 62 twice. Plus other lesser units. Without question if I could take any bow tag on the planet it would be archery in the jarbridge. I have heard the bull to cow ration is 1 to 1. Many guys never see a cow. TONS of elk, rubs, beds, droppings and no cows. I would expect you to literally be run over by mature bulls after 1 cow call. Email me if you want more info about the area I hiked into. It was late but I have no doubt the elk where there archery. [email protected]

I was in the jarbridge 2nd rifle a couple years ago. I have NEVER ever seen so much old sign - bow season. Unreal. I have also hunted NM 15 & 36, CO 76, and WY 62 twice. Plus other lesser units. Without question if I could take any bow tag on the planet it would be archery in the jarbridge. I have heard the bull to cow ration is 1 to 1. Many guys never see a cow. TONS of elk, rubs, beds, droppings and no cows. I would expect you to literally be run over by mature bulls after 1 cow call. Email me if you want more info about the area I hiked into. It was late but I have no doubt the elk where there archery. [email protected]
I hunted the late cow on the north end four years ago and that is exactly how it was. First three days hundreds of bulls, no cows. Finally found a nice cow the fourth day.

Agree. Many many bulls in the Jarbidge during archery. Not uncommon to see 40-50 mature bulls a day. Big country and probably one of the hardest archery hunts in the country. Bulls are in bachelor herds and completely unresponsive to calls. 100% spot and stalk hunt. Be in shape for that one...

Agree. Many many bulls in the Jarbidge during archery. Not uncommon to see 40-50 mature bulls a day. Big country and probably one of the hardest archery hunts in the country. Bulls are in bachelor herds and completely unresponsive to calls. 100% spot and stalk hunt. Be in shape for that one...
I plan on leaving the calls at home and spot and stalking. There is sign everywhere!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom