076,077,079,081 2022

Anyone seeing any elk? Anyone having any luck? Good luck to everyone hunting it.
69DB5970-8B81-4586-BA29-8982DA431A0B.jpeg

My daughter also has the late tag. Will miss the first few days due to my Dad’s sheep hunt. Have 10 days after Thanksgiving. Hope it’s enough! How were the roads after the storm and did you see a lot of elk in numbers? My son has the 081 Youth Deer tag as well but going to concentrate on the Bull first! Congrats on a nice Bull!

My daughter also has the late tag. Will miss the first few days due to my Dad’s sheep hunt. Have 10 days after Thanksgiving. Hope it’s enough! How were the roads after the storm and did you see a lot of elk in numbers? My son has the 081 Youth Deer tag as well but going to concentrate on the Bull first! Congrats on a nice Bull!
Congrats on all those tags. Those are some good ones

So this hunt was the hunt where I learned that glassing is easily the most important thing. If you have the patience to sit on any knob and endure the cold then chances will be great at finding bulls every single day. This bull was spotted from 3 and a half miles away and we were able to get him. We surprisingly didn't see any elk in or around schoolhouse canyon, and only one bull was spotted on the west side of delanos.

Best of luck to you sir!

Thank You! That’s crazy that’s all you seen in the Delano’s. Sounds like a grind and looks cold. Will probably start out near Montello and work to the North and West as needed.

Congrats on some great tags! I spent the first week of the season in units 77/81 and found elk on all the usual mountains along with a couple herds out in the flats. It seemed like I saw less big bulls than normal, and I saw a couple badly broken bulls. The snow is great, but the wind is a challenge. The clouds and snowfall made the first couple days tough, and I don't think very many elk were killed. I didn't find any roads that were too bad, and I never had to chain up. Once it cleared up the glassing was great, and it wasn't hard to glass up elk, even miles away. In a couple cases, I was able to glass up elk tracks among the junipers helping narrow down areas that were holding elk for a closer look. I wish you all the best of luck hunting with the kiddos! Those are the best times in life. Feel free to PM for more info if you want. ------SS

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom