10 PP mule deer Wyoming What the options

Go hunt region G, DIY. Tons of public land and lots of deer (compared to the rest of the west).

Or split points and go hunt with someone who's hunted a lower tier unit that could speed up your learning curve.

I hunted region H DIY last season and can't wait to get back to western WY!

Go hunt region G, DIY. Tons of public land and lots of deer (compared to the rest of the west).

Or split points and go hunt with someone who's hunted a lower tier unit that could speed up your learning curve.

I hunted region H DIY last season and can't wait to get back to western WY!
How you did in H

I’d go region G if I had 10 points. I’d put in a bunch of days backpacking around scouting and find a big boy to get after. Come bow season, I’d be in there, then back during the rifle every day possible. :)

I’d go region G if I had 10 points. I’d put in a bunch of days backpacking around scouting and find a big boy to get after. Come bow season, I’d be in there, then back during the rifle every day possible. :)
If I didn’t live 28 hours away I would love to do that
Unfortunately I have to come up with something that would give me the best shoot on one time trip

Unfortunately I have to come up with something that would give me the best shoot on one time trip
Then just go G and hunt your ass off. I always scratch my head on this type of subject of a guy sitting on a pile of points and having no plan setup. 10 years of building points and I don’t know where to go hunting.

Then just go G and hunt your ass off. I always scratch my head on this type of subject of a guy sitting on a pile of points and having no plan setup. 10 years of building points and I don’t know where to go hunting.
Thing is he could of hunted G/H already and would be working on, if not drawing his second tag. Unless people have other obligations, not sure why anyone would wait so long to cash in their points on G/H. Kind of a waste of points/money unless you plan on sharing them with Founder.

Jut to inform you, It was a plan in place
Unfortunately the person that lived in G passed away on a car accident
If you can’t help try not to be a smart ass
Stuff happens every day in life

Thing is he could of hunted G/H already and would be working on, if not drawing his second tag. Unless people have other obligations, not sure why anyone would wait so long to cash in their points on G/H. Kind of a waste of points/money unless you plan on sharing them with Founder.
The plan was to come down and hunt as soon I had enough PP
But for one reason or the other every year was something that could not make it

Understandable. I’d be in the same boat if I were headed to Florida to hunt alligator. There are a lot of folks in your same boat. It’s a tough one.

Your in no mans land, you either keeping Applying and hope for a random 1 in 100 or so type tag or do G or H. Not many good option many at 10 pts. Maybe find someone with a couple points to share and get in great shape and get after it in there with a bow before it gets flooded with rifles.

I am in the same boat as you with 11, i planned to use them long ago but have been very lucky in elk and other draws the last 4 years and hard to swing more that one hunt out west a year coming from south florida as i try to spend two weeks each trip.

I am in the same boat as you with 11, i planned to use them long ago but have been very lucky in elk and other draws the last 4 years and hard to swing more that one hunt out west a year coming from south florida as i try to spend two weeks each trip.

Exactly
I was planning on using it last year, but unfortunately the border was close
And I’m sure is going to be close this fall to

Ok then there might be a problem. Sorry, I didn't realize you lived in the 2nd best country in the world. I hope you are able to make it to the states to hunt this year. If you really want to hunt fly to Mexico and walk across. I hear it's getting easier by the day. Just a thought. ..

I don’t need to get to Mexico
I can just go to the border and tell them I’m a Mexican refugee
They will let me in
You can do exactly that when you come into Canada

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom