100-300lb Bluefin Tuna in San Diego for Deer/Elk

lilharcher

Have access to a 37’ boat that goes 45 mph and we have been absolutely dialed into this fishery, usually catching multiple 100-300lb bluefin tuna daily. Professional crew, instruction, and all gear provided. Located in San Diego.

Season runs now through October. Primarily seeking an elk hunt. PM with questions/thoughts. Can share 100s of pictures.
650580CF-A914-4F5E-B4E6-721B92485979.jpeg
75AECFE4-B7C9-43BF-9A93-71FE6D5ECFBB.jpeg

WOW. I wish I had a legitimate elk or mule deer hunt I could offer. I live in and hunt In Utah, but I hunt public land which probably isn’t a fair trade for you.

I’ve been wanting to catch a big tuna out of California for years. Would you consider trading cash for a tuna trip. I might be able to bring a couple other folks if that would be of any interest and I would be happy to help you hunt elk or deer in the Fish Lake area at anytime. I own a small cabin 2 miles from the Lake at 9,000 feet.

2Lumpy

Even if you cant work a trade you need to come and fish these big fish while they are here. All of the landings now have great rental gear. book a 1 1/2 - 2 day and take a shot while you can! Meat is amazing and it is a fun overall experience... and when they bight it is as big of a rodeo as you have ever seen.

I most certainly will do that. However, I don’t have the faintest idea which charter to take or what time of year to take the best shot get get hooked up with one of those big tuna.

If you were going to hire one of those folks fish with, and you don’t have any idea how to even bait a hook, which two would you go with?

I’m pretty serious about get this bucket list item checked off. I’ve considered heading to Venice, Louisiana but San Diego is much closer and I’ve got family down that way that I can visit at the same time.

Thanks a lot for your recommendation.

Venice is a cool fishery too for Yellowfin tuna and wahoo, and to be honest, if you are a novice fisherman, it’s much more approachable/recommended than jumping on a cattle boat out of San Diego, where you will need to know what you are doing to catch one of these elusive fish. I’ve worked on cattle boats and fish a lot, and usually witness novices struggle on these boats.

Your right when it comes to large party boats......I have tried it twice...... didn’t work for me. I wanted to go below deck and sulk or throw somebody overboard.

I’m not a combat fisherman, in any sense of the term. Fishing with four or five folks.... I’m cool with that. I’m not up for pass blocking or elbows to the ribs. Been there done that. If that’s the only option I’ll have to look for an alternative.

No, there are 4 pack and 6 pack boats were you can get the instruction and help you desire, and have the boat exclusively for your crew. Shoot me a PM and I can recommend a few.

Have access to a 37’ boat that goes 45 mph and we have been absolutely dialed into this fishery, usually catching multiple 100-300lb bluefin tuna daily. Professional crew, instruction, and all gear provided. Located in San Diego.

Season runs now through October. Primarily seeking an elk hunt. PM with questions/thoughts. Can share 100s of pictures.
View attachment 38082View attachment 38083
What would the cost be if I wanted to go

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom