100 Gr Muzzy Results

nebo

I have been shooting 100Gr 3 blade muzzy for about 20 years. I don't always get this result but it was a good clean heart shot that did this. I have had at times very little blood but have no problem on recover because of bleeding out inside.
83462img2958.jpg

60932img2959.jpg

6095img2960.jpg

Awesome. I've had a few that have (and have not) looked like that with my Buzzcuts. Nice shooting. Deer?

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Yes deer. This was an exception though I have had good placement shots with deer going not far at all, and no blood to speak of.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-19 AT 07:56PM (MST)[p]Hope you were able to track and recover him! :D

I've had similar experience with minimal blood trails on broadside double-lung shots - bow and crossbow. Here's a crossbow bolt from a recent 30 yard double-lung. I was shocked at how clean it was! No blood trail the first 30-40 yards. Deer made it about 75 yards.

Oh, and I shoot 100 gr Muzzys on my compound and crossbow.

70703img3065.jpg

76489img3066.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Oct-05-19
>AT 07:56?PM (MST)

>
>Hope you were able to track
>and recover him! :D
>
>
>I've had similar experience with minimal
>blood trails on broadside double-lung
>shots - bow and crossbow.
> Here's a crossbow bolt
>from a recent 30 yard
>double-lung. I was shocked
> at how clean it
>was! No blood trail
>the first 30-40 yards.
>Deer made it about 75
>yards.
>
>Oh, and I shoot 100 gr
>Muzzys on my compound and
>crossbow.
>
>
70703img3065.jpg

>
>
76489img3066.jpg

The deer was found right away, he was running dead.

I have had about the same results you have with good placement deer found right away and an arrow that looks just about like yours and no blood trail to speak of. They just bleed out inside.

Man, we gotta figure out how to avoid those "no blood" scenarios. I just posted one in the Elk/Arizona forum about a bull I couldn't find for 6 days. Good shot, maybe 2-3 inches high (tops from "perfect"), but double lung for sure. Bloody arrow, no trail at all.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom