$1000 glass?

Powder

I'm looking to upgrade from my Vortex. Is going to something in the $1000 range a significant enough upgrade? If so, what's the best pair of glass $1000 or less? I'm looking for 10x. I don't need anything stronger.

How about used? Some sweet Swarovski, zeiss, Leica, and others that can fall into this range.
I use the zeiss 10x30 FL picked them up new for just over grand.

I'm not opposed to used but I'm trying to see what the quality is and if it's worth paying the extra to upgrade. I currently have 15x vortex hd.

Bang for the buck I like Steiner, Swarovski is definitely top tier,German glass you can’t get better IMO

I bought a new pair of Leica 10x42 Ultravid HD's off of a website called Jet.com a few years back. They were $1200 cheaper than anywhere else. I was very skeptical but, took the gamble and it actually worked out. They only had one pair available at the time. Otherwise, I would have bought two pair. I love the quality. I was using Meopto Meostars prior to that. They were excellent bino's too. For the money, they're hard to beat.

Jim

Anyone who hasn’t said meopta hasn’t handled or looked through a pair. Very well made, Awesome glass for the money.
Another great European made glass, made in Czech or where ?
I love love bohemian and Bavarian glass
back in the 1990’s guys where swooping in and buying Czech spotting scopes and bios for 35ct On the dollar

Maven B2 is really close to that budget, as is the newer B1.2 and B6. I am a big Maven fan and have hunted a B2 9x45 for many many years with zero regrets.

I picked up an older (pre swarovision) Swaro EL 10x42 last fall and my B2 was every bit as good. I did pick up a newer 8.5 x 42 EL and that is the cat's meow, but my Maven B2 was still really close to it. At least to my eyes.

Good luck with your search. Optics are fun and addicting.

I've never seen the Meopta listed above. This summer we needed to get a second set of pretty good glass for my wife/daughter without spending Swaro money despite the fact the 10x42 El's I bought 15 years ago continue to serve me flawlessly. We settled on Zeiss Conquest (HD?) 10x42. Picked up a perfect sample from Euro for less than $800. These punch well above $800 weight.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom