1000+ yard rangefinder

elkantlers

Long Time Member
Which rangefinder would you guys choose for 1000+ yards?

I have a Leupold RXII that I can barely get out to 450-500yards consistantly and would like to get 1000 yards or better. Thanks,

I have an older model Leica 1200 and it will consistently range 900-1000 yards. I couldn't range some elk once at 1100 yards but could read the rock beside them.

If I was getting one now I would get the Leica 1600, I'm sure it would consistently do more than a 1000 yards.

After 7 happy years with a Nikon 1200, good to ~750 yds, I now own a Leica 1600b. The optics are fantastic, the size is fantastic, the consistency and accuracy past 1000 yards is fantastic. In most conditions I can range ALWAYS to 1200 yards and some times to 1700 yards. The angle reading and barometer are highly useful, the temp reading and ballistics adjustments are a joke.

I just bought the G7 BR2 and it does 1500yards easy. It has met my expectations so well that now I am going to sell my Swarovski laser guide 8X30 (which is rated at 1500 yards) and will do it repeatedly in ideal conditions and has no problems getting beyond 1000 yards. Great glass too.

Leica 1600 has been OUTSTANDING since it was released! I have ranged antelope past 1600 yards (albeit resting on a tripod). Great optics/battery life and small.

>Leica 1600 has been OUTSTANDING since
>it was released! I have
>ranged antelope past 1600 yards
>(albeit resting on a tripod).
>Great optics/battery life and small.
>

Agree

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics