****100g Inserts for Victory RIP TKO's?****

Hey Guys,

After checking with Victory I found out that they do not make an insert for the RIP TKO arrows heavier than 60 grains.

I, however, am looking put 100 grain inserts in mine and wanted to see if anyone has either done this before with these arrows and/or knew of a good company that made inserts that would fit the 0.204 diameter shafts?

Really appreciate the help and as a thank you, I'll try to post most penetration test pictures comparing my current set up (431 grain arrows) to the new set up with 500+ grains.

Really appreciate the help.

-------
Mathews Halon 32 | 70lbs | 29in draw |

I run the victory vap v1 250 elites with the ethics inserts/outserts. Very wide range or options as far as the weight goes. I've got the aluminum outserts installed in all my arrows and can swap out the end piece to either run 65grs or 110grs.

Thanks that's helpful. I'm thinking about testing the ethics standard inserts against the spinning ones. I'm planning on hunting local deer here in socal this year and, generally speaking, that can require slightly longer shorts.

That's why I'm putting so much focus on my arrow set up. I want to shoot the heaviest, most accurate arrow I can build while keeping my speed >275.

I'd be curious to see if you've messed around with the spinning inserts. Part of me thinks it's just one more thing that can break.. but I do see the theoretical value of having a faster spinning arrow (especially if it's heavier).

We'll see. I'm going to do a test build with both 100g spinning and traditional inserts and try some longer range penetration/accuracy testing.... we will see.

Hey all.. just wanted to update this thread. I have completed the following:

- insert / nock tuned all the arrows I am rebuilding
- Installed inserts
- static inserts = 100g
- spinning inserts = 123g

My initial feedback. Overall, the heavier arrows shoot great. both arrows are ~20% FoC and both inserts installed easily.

TBH, the static inserts went in REALLY well and I think the 100g insert build will be my preferred option BUT I do want to test the spinning inserts w/ broadheads at long range just in case.

I'll post those results soon.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom