101-109 deer tag, but avoiding the Rubies

iowacity

The wife and I drew this tag expecting to hunt the wilderness, but it’s looking like we may have our three young kids with us, making it a family adventure. That being said, it rules out the wilderness. We are looking at the other mountain ranges in the unit and are leaving Friday to get familiar with the country.

Andy advise on alternative mountain ranges/area to focus on where we can truck camp and deer hunt would be greatly appreciated. The kids are good for a pretty stout day hike, but backpacking is too much.

I can trade for information regarding antelope, elk, and deer for a number of units in the northern half of the state.

I can also trade for bighorn info in units 181, 184, 205, and 213.

I also drew the Ruby's first rifle hunt. I've been there plenty of times and have yet to find a easy access where I could park, camp and hunt from the truck or trailer. Its a very physical unit. It was our last choice. My son talked me into putting it on the application. Trust me I didn't want too. Some areas that you may consider. Harrison Pass, Cass Peak and Spruce Mtn. Harrison gets allot of people, Cass Peak (103)is not real bad, Spruce is normally a late season area, but they do have resident deer.

Posting this back up at the top to see if anyone else wants to trade info. I spent some time scouting some of the lesser known areas and turned up a few deer, but all small. I did find some monster elk. If anyone has a 104,108,121 tag or a 105/106 elk tag, PM me.

Hunted it last year on the archery. I hunted the Rubies and saw deer and some good ones, but no monsters. I think hunting the lesser hunted areas increase your chance of finding a big one. Good luck.

you ever go by Southern half of Goshute mountains? went in there on an antelope tag once and I remember glassing up a few deer around the guzzlers. Never went back but I also never hunt deer in that area.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom