10x42 SLC vs 10x50 EL

accubond

I currently own 10x42 SLC's (HD) and I'm wondering if the jump to the 10x50 EL's is worth it at their current "sale" price"? Better edge clarity and light gathering is what I assume I'd gain but I know there's folks on here that have forgotten more than I'll ever know about optics so just throwing it out there.

If you have money to upgrade to ELs, my advice is to put that money in an envelope somewhere aside, and keep adding to it until you can afford to upgrade to the NL Pures.

If you’re going to upgrade, might as well go to the best.

I know that wasn’t your question, but I still think it is the correct answer.

If you have money to upgrade to ELs, my advice is to put that money in an envelope somewhere aside, and keep adding to it until you can afford to upgrade to the NL Pures.

If you’re going to upgrade, might as well go to the best.

I know that wasn’t your question, but I still think it is the correct answer.
That's good feedback and I appreciate it. I looked through them briefly and their view was as good as their price was high so I put them down almost immediately:ROFLMAO:.

They are absolutely expensive!!! I don’t have them…yet. The next upgrade will be to them. I won’t upgrade until I can afford those.

I currently own 10x42 SLC's (HD) and I'm wondering if the jump to the 10x50 EL's is worth it at their current "sale" price"? Better edge clarity and light gathering is what I assume I'd gain but I know there's folks on here that have forgotten more than I'll ever know about optics so just throwing it out there.
What are you using them for? If you want to go with a 50mm objective, I would suggest getting the 12x50's. The edge clarity in the EL's is a bit better, but probably not worth the $500 jump over the SLC's. I have 8.5x42 EL's, had the 10x42 EL's and like the greater FOV of the 8.5's. Also have 15x56 SLC's for longer distance viewing, but have considered getting the 12's.
Light gathering of any of them is very good, you might gain a couple minutes with the 50 over your 42's, but you'll be way past legal shooting time with any of them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom