11-211 2017

Weiserbucks

Very Active Member
Any suggestions? I'm considering hunting deer in 11-211 3rd season next year. I don't know anything about the unit other than some info from a friend that has elk hunted it a few times . Any other units in should consider with 5 points?

I have hunted 211 a few times in the past. Always found plenty of deer but never found any big bucks. Always second season,lots of other hunters . 20 inch muley is the best I ever found.I am sure there are some bigger deer there ,but public land gets a lot of pressure.

I'm not a trophy hunter at all , just looking for a fun hunt with a chance of a mature deer . I'm tired of building points and I'm ready to burn them , just don't want to go to a bottom of the barrel area with my limited knowledge of Colorado.

If I had 5 points to burn, I wouldn't burn them on 11/211. Your odds of killing a mature buck aren't good unless you have access to private. Are you a resident or nonresident?

To counter some other points. The largest buck we saw this year on our hunt was on he 11 side of the unit boundary. He was a great buck and well into the trophy category.

On sunday I chased a set elk off the river into 11 and saw a 28 wide 3x3 as well.

There are deer in the unit ad some good slip through the cracks every year. Weather is huge in the unit.

11/211 Used to be really really good before the winter kill back in 08??? I cow hunt in 4th season there and I used to see some monsters. Now, I see maybe 140-150 bucks if i'm lucky. There are a ton of deer but nothing phenomenal like there used to be. I'm sure there are some still there but they probably stick to private like glue, hence the reason they are the big ones. Where to go??? I have no idea. I have 11 Res. points that I am sitting on with literally no idea on where to go. I know you can get a good buck in almost any unit in Colorado but when you have years like this of 70 degree weather in November, it's a crap shoot.

As a Non Resident, I'm not really sure what unit I'd burn 5 points on. If you were a resident, I could point you in a lot of directions to hunt and burn 5 points. Best of luck if you choose to hunt unit 11/211 next year. Wish I could offer you more advice.

I'm in 11/211 now and I have actually seen some decent bucks. 160-170. Nothing huge but I'd shoot them if I could. Haven't seen one elk though, not even a track!!! It's been way too warm, way too long. This storm was too little too late.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom