11/211 3rd Season Deer

Daxter

Very Active Member
I drew as a long shot with only 1 point. I've hunted deer across the road to the North of this unit and had fun, looking to try somewhere new just because I love looking at new country. It' exciting to me to try somewhere new.

If there is weather I'm thinking about trying Cross Mountain, Bitterbrush SWA, Indian Valley area. If it's warmer I was thinking about Price Creek, or maybe the wilderness study areas on the south end -Black Mountain and Windy Gulch.
Can anybody tell me if I'm looking in the right directions? A PM would be great.

And before you even type it I already know that-
It will be crawling with elk hunters
They issue way too many buck tags
The best bucks are all on private land
The deer herd isn't even a shadow of what it used to be
I'll have to be super lucky to kill anything that bigger than a yearling
A 20" four point is a major trophy on that unit nowadays
I know I know, I still want to go have a good time chasing bucks with a rifle in November.

Thanks for any tips.

Dax

I drew as a long shot with only 1 point. I've hunted deer across the road to the North of this unit and had fun, looking to try somewhere new just because I love looking at new country. It' exciting to me to try somewhere new.

If there is weather I'm thinking about trying Cross Mountain, Bitterbrush SWA, Indian Valley area. If it's warmer I was thinking about Price Creek, or maybe the wilderness study areas on the south end -Black Mountain and Windy Gulch.
Can anybody tell me if I'm looking in the right directions? A PM would be great.

And before you even type it I already know that-
It will be crawling with elk hunters
They issue way too many buck tags
The best bucks are all on private land
The deer herd isn't even a shadow of what it used to be
I'll have to be super lucky to kill anything that bigger than a yearling
A 20" four point is a major trophy on that unit nowadays
I know I know, I still want to go have a good time chasing bucks with a rifle in November.

Thanks for any tips.

Dax
How did your hunt go ?

I had a blast. I killed a small four point. There were tons of other hunters, I also saw lots of deer and lots of small and medium sized bucks on the Bitterbrush. I didn't see anything huge, except for 1 heavy pig on private land. Weather conditions were prime for hunting bucks but really cold for camping out. I probably could have held out longer and maybe done better, but I'm happy with the hunt. I had a friend with the tag that stayed the whole hunt and didn't kill.

D4B7F37D-7C38-499C-8588-55CF9F6D6AF1.jpeg

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom