11 deer points

hayden3006

I have 11 deer points thinking about putting in the the apple gate muzzleloader tag. Curious if it's worth it or wait for a better mule deer hunt

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them thanks.

Resident or NR ?

You're going to be waiting a long time for a good mule deer hunt either way.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

>Resident or NR ?
>
>You're going to be waiting a
>long time for a good
>mule deer hunt either way.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay Thirsty My Friends

Non resident

Then you're in a tough spot. if a classic mule deer hunt is what you want you have the points to draw the Steens rifle or a SE Whitehorse muzzle loader . they're nothing real special, but OR doesn't have any real special mule deer hunts. I hear Applegate is a good blacktail hunt but I can't say.

My advice to a NR , coming from someone who does most of their hunting outside the state is this. draw the best tag your points can get you and be done with OR. what we charge you for the odds you get and the quality you get is a rip off. your tag should come with an apology.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing I have 11non-resident points for deer, antelope and elk I need to use them soon I am sick of wasting my money. I hunt all the other states, so I won't miss Oregon. I think I will do a hunt soon and hope for the best.

Thanks again

Applegate is the best blacktail tag going with that said its still not easy but a big buck is possible 130+, the mule deer is a sad situation for sure like you have heard i would look at north warner , tags are low and they have been targeting cougars so the quality has gone up but that means you could hope for a 160 or so buck but you never know every once in awhile a giant shows up

Thanks for the suggestions. I am still undecided. I have 11 points for Elk, Antelope and Deer. I want to just apply and have a fun hunt. I understand the state is going down hill on quality so just trying to make it as enjoyable as possible

Back
Top Bottom