111-113 archery elk

archeryjh

Does anyone ever draw these tags? Havnt heard alot about nevada elk in a bit. How about 72-74 muzzy? Or 61-71 muzzy.

Talked to a guy on the mnt 3 years ago from Oregon that had the non res archery tag.
I believe he had 22 points!

You never know in Nevada! One of my sons drew a Table Mt. bull tag a few years ago with 6 points. Me, I'm sitting on 17points! They won't send me a tag!

They really do get drawn. I'm sitting on 12 NR sheep points. But just applied for 111 archery as my 7 year waiting period is over. In my 11 years I have carried a 231 early rifle tag, 241 late tag deer tag, 231 rifle deer tag and I killed a 80" antelope last fall in 245.
Nevada is the best hunting in the West in my option.

NV has one of the better bonus pt systems in the Western US for it's residents. The reason I say NV residents is NV's population is low and there are proportionally a lot of tags for number of resident applicants. If you look it doesn't take many bonus pts for NV res to draw high demand tags because they filter through the system so fast.

It's still a decent bonus pt system for nonres, however it costs around $250/year to apply and demand is extremely high with few tags issued.

If you use 111 archery as an example, there were 1,321 nonres vying for only 4 tags in 2019. If you take a look at NV residents there were only 329 applicants vying for 35 tags.

I currently have 16 pts and have only drawn 1 antelope tag over 16 years. 16 years x $250 = $4,000 I've donated to Nevada over those years for 1 antelope tag! I'm hoping to draw at least 1 or 2 more tags in the coming years and will get out of the program.

I drew 111-115 archery as a nonresident in 2018 with 11 points. Awesome unit with lots of great bulls.

03855ACC-0006-40C0-91C5-5D331027E9E8.jpeg

There are some lucky guys, with great bulls. NV system works and skews towards those with more points, but this shows that guys with 0 can still get drawn and get a great bull. I'm sitting on 23 elk points and hoping it happens this year. Clearly i'm not as lucky as some. :)

Awesome bull! Nevada does have the best draw even though I have never drawn a tag I still stand behind the way their draw is performed and this year they are suppose to be getting results back sooner than ever so they are only making it better! Only thing I would like to see is OIL tags made once drawn tags and less the amount of choices but that’s just my personal opinion and means nothing haha.

Awesome bull! Nevada does have the best draw even though I have never drawn a tag I still stand behind the way their draw is performed and this year they are suppose to be getting results back sooner than ever so they are only making it better! Only thing I would like to see is OIL tags made once drawn tags and less the amount of choices but that’s just my personal opinion and means nothing haha.

BradA what do you mean by “sooner then ever”, what are you hearing ?

Should have results next week, if I remember correctly they normally aren’t for a couple weeks but either way they extended the draw deadline and are either getting results as fast or faster to us so that’s pretty cool.

Emails will start coming out at 12:01 AM on May 22.
There will be a full moon that night so I will be out dancing around a bonfire and howling at the moon in prayer and celebration!

The OP asked about 111-113.
Maybe he isn’t interested in the other units in the hunt area.
He never did say thank you to anyone that replied and we haven’t heard from him since May 3.

Really? Was this necessary?
I apologize!
It was not necessary.
I have been in a grumpy mood since I haven’t drawn any tags this year.
It’s kind of like I’m having a bad dream that I can’t wake up from. I just need to wake up and get over it.
By the way that hunt you mentioned was on my choice list this year.
I really want to do draw it.
Last year I helped a friend on the early cow hunt. Most of the elk we saw were big six point bulls.
Here’s a pic I got of one of them for you as a token of apology.
I will do my best to not be such an ass in the future

6460EE57-3DFF-48FE-89EC-7304C3D72218.jpeg

I’m surprised, good news though... I’m not finding a lot of information about this unit, especially in regards to a cow tag. I’m thinking about driving up there and talking to some of the ranchers or the Indian reservation and do some scouting.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom