111-115 Muzzleloader Bull

Hammnit

Hey Folks,
Was wondering if anyone has heard much bugling during this season (Oct 22nd-Nov 5th)? I've heard the rut can last a little later in this area, but wasn't sure.
Thanks,
Hammnit

It's toward the very end of the rut. There may be a few Bulls still chasing cows but most are off recovering from the rut by themselves or in small groups. It's a fantastic hunt! Good Luck!

Have heard bulls bugling on opening day of late deer season opener. (DAY AFTER YOUR HUNT CLOSES) in your unit group. A couple years back took this bull, sounded of and came to water with 25 cows, 8th day of muzzie season in unit 111-115. Bulls not hunted will bugle during your hunt. GOOD LUCK,you have a GREAT TAG ... Bruce & SilverGrand

20191028_172120.jpg

Thanks guys. Great to hear. I'm not expecting red hot bulls, but some bugling to help locate a bull or two would be nice.

So went over scouting last weekend. Had many spots to look at and not much time to do it. This resulted in quite a bit of running and gunning and not really digging in on any one spot. Saw some cool looking country, some deer and finally one big group of elk (~60 cows, a few small bulls and two biguns). They were aways off, but the two big bulls were dandies. I didn't have the time to get up above the roads to spot, but I'm guessing that most of the elk will be hanging out mid-way up near the open meadows. I'm really excited to head back the Monday before the hunt to start picking the place apart. I have the entire season to find the right one (if needed).

Thanks again to those who have helped with tips and info.
Hammnit

Wanted to get back in here and give my post hunt report. I had talked to a ton of people before the hunt, so my preseason scouting was more of learning the areas and trying to eliminate some and less about finding elk. I ended up hunting the East side of the Schells in the obvious places. Saw one real nice, unbroken, bull in a herd of 40 that was never in a spot that I felt confident in a stalk without blowing them all out. Saw a couple other groups of elk (one was near 100 animals), but seemed like with the herding, they weren't evenly distributed. Lots of glassing country with nothing and then a big herd.

The snow seemed to help with the glassing, but made getting around difficult. Got a chance late Sunday at this broken old warrior and figured it was too good of an opportunity to pass up with a muzzleloader.

It was a fun, but challenging hunt and bummed that I won't likely get a chance to do it again in NV in my lifetime (barring any crazy draw luck).

Thanks to all those that helped me with info. I really appreciate it!
Hammnit.

20221023_181704.jpg

20221023_181657.jpg

20221022_090834.jpg

20221022_090608.jpg

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom