12 points for elk

bowedark

What options do I have with 12 points for elk. Any unit that I have a good chance of harvesting respectable Utah bull. The force is not always with me. But I try to make the most of it. As a 63 -year-old man. I do have two pair of boots that are broke end quite well. And still be able to put a good day in the field. I would have the option of a old broke down four wheeler and or a couple of old mules. Maybe someone would like to take me along as I can still shoot well. LOL I do need some ideas outside the box.
Thank You

Your twelve points plus my eight points would put us at ten points combined. We could draw a la Sal late tag. How about that? I'm just kidding. But with your twelve points you should be able to draw a few late hunts. And a couple muzzy units too. Wasatch, fish lake, and west desert. Check out this website. neverstophunting.com and click on utah draw odds to get a better idea of your draw odds. Good luck on the draw this year. May the odds be ever in your favor.

As a nonresident I'm not sure of what muzzleloader are legal no scope and no in-line is this right? Not sure of what means of transportation was serving well in field. I do like a dry warm pickup. LOL but the real my real question is will the mules serve me best or a
4 wheeler? Thanks for your input

In-lines are fine, no scopes with magnification. A late hunt would be a good option, be wary of Dutton though, I wouldn't recommend it unless you've been on the unit and know what you are getting into.

2a0fcsk.gif

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom