128 Late deer anyone?

DanMan

Just wondering if anyone had any info on how the 128 late deer hunt is going this year? Sounds like a fun hunt to do on a good year.

I swung in there on my way home after my late season bull hunt to look for whitetails... saw a lot of muleys, nothing id be willing to put my general season tag on let alone a draw tag.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-19 AT 09:43AM (MST)[p]Wind River Backcountry Outfitters knocked down a 200+ this year...
Which one 200 for the whole unit, is very telling for "the hardest mule deer tag to draw in the state".

py

I was there for 5 days. My son killed a 2.5 year old whitetail buck he was happy with.
We saw quite a few mule deer bucks.
I don't think I saw anything over 175 - 180, but a couple were pretty nice bucks, with even forks and decent mass and height.

Do they still do the Big Buck Contest for that hunt? I think maybe I remember hearing of one held by one of the local establishments a few years back. I guess that would be one reference of how good the hunt is going.

86707522375610215847410123921106699971318775808n.jpg

Great deer, but not sure how they get 200" out of it even with the extras.

Id be interested to see the score sheet myself. Hard to score one from a photo,but i sure dont see 200....

That is a great buck. To bad there are so many that are not happy if they cannot say 200 inches or 30 inches wide.

Those are rare!!!

Hunt, enjoy and be happy and proud of your trophy. You was when you pulled the trigger, nothing has changed since!!! :)

Yep thats a cool heavy buck with lots of character. A trophy in most peoples eyes for sure. I agree, too bad people can't be proud of it and accept it for what is. Instead they sit 20 feet behind it and then post a "score" that certainly appears to be pretty generous.

Over here right now. Saw about 40 really nice 4 pts yesterday and today. No monsters, but better bucks than I have seen in other states this year. One tonight was only about 25? and good heavy forks, but was probably 7-8 years old. Huge bodied tank of a deer!!

I just left after a week of chasing Whiteys.

Saw the best Muley's up Sheep Mountain way and a few decent ones out on the Spencer/Moriarty HMA.

Couple Nice Rocky Rams too.....chasing ewe's.

Going over the pass, heading down to Jackson was a freaking blizzard at 0600!! yesterday AM.

Of course kissing 10k ft elevation makes for a rather winter wonderland anytime of the year.

GL Blank!

Robb

Sitting on max trying to decide if I should put in for 128 next year (I know the odds are not great). Just curious if you spent a week+ out there if you had a decent chance of turning up a 180+ buck? Sounds like a fun hunt either way, just curious on quality and if it is coming back.

Just drove in from Dubois. Lots of ups and downs ( a big sideways to the ER too), and the 2019 128 hunt is in the books.

I'll update my HAC with lots of pictures and comments, rather than typing everything twice.

>Just drove in from Dubois. Lots
>of ups and downs (
>a big sideways to the
>ER too), and the 2019
>128 hunt is in the
>books.
>
>I'll update my HAC with lots
>of pictures and comments, rather
>than typing everything twice.

Been looking but not sure where to locate your post?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom