12A West Early - Camp Spot

Buckjunkie

I drew a 12A West early tag this year. Never been to this unit. I was hoping someone might tell me where to camp. I will be there four days early to scout so just looking for a spot to get started.

Thanks for any advice!

Jim

Honestly anywhere on the Bab? is a good camping spot, as you can camp
anywhere. I would think anywhere from 7000-7500?elevation would be a good place to be this time of year (weather permitting).

BOHNTR )))---------->

I'll be up there early too, though not sure where i'm going to be camping. Usually along FR22 isn't a bad idea, as it about splits the unit and is a good road for access all around the unit.

Drop me a PM if you want to link up.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

I'll be up there with a hunter from the Arizona Elk Society's HUNT FOR HEROES program.

We'll be camping somewhere off of the 22 road.

Look for our sign by the road.

Good luck!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

I will be sure to stop by and say hello Don. Best to you and your camp.

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

Haven't heard if this is confirmed, but Tom Wagner from the AZ Elk Society said I might have a disabled lady veteran for our hunter!

I hope that happens; we'll get her in a blind around water and I bet she'll get a nice buck!

Our plans tentatively call for us to hunt the last 5 days of the season due to some scheduling issues.

Not for sure on all of this right now, but I'll let you know when its firmed up.

Everyone is welcome to stop by camp and thank whoever we have as a hunter from the Elk Society's Hunts for Heroes program.

We will recommend our hunter have a lion tag in their pocket, who knows what else might show up!
26667mountliononthekaibab.jpg

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom