12A WEST EARLY

H

HNTR0913

NEVER HUNTED THIS UNIT BEFORE AND, I JUST STARTED A NEW JOB SO I DONT HAVE THE TIME TO GO OUT SCOUTING THAT MUCH. BUT I DID GET THE WHOLE HUNT OFF ME AND MY COUSIN ARE GOING UP THER ON OCT. 12 FOR THE WEEKEND AND WE REALLY DONT KNOW WHERE TO START. ANY HELP SURE WOULD BE APPRECIATED... WILL I BE DOING ALOT OF GLASSING OR ALOT OF WALKING WHAT KIND OF HUNTING IS IT.
THANKS!!!!

Pray for an early snow and cold weather for if that happens they'll be off the top of the mountain. If you're not real picky, you'll be done by 8 a.m. on the opener....

Don Martin

Don, how are you doing. I talked to you up there last year during the hunt one morning. I was with Chef from here on the site. Got any clients this year up there?

As far as where to start, get a couple maps and hike a ridge away from a road. Your odds of seeing a nice buck go way up. I had a tag last year and ended up with a decent buck with only a couple days left. Passed up bucks that where actually better than mine earlier in the hunt but started running out of time.

thanks for the info.. greatly appreciated. im going there next weekend. I want to be picky on opening weekend but come later that week something steps out...... its dead nutzzzz!!!!!!!!!

azbowhntr:

Yep, remember you guys ( three of you right?

Yea, I've got two tags this year, one of them being my lady friend. Now we're talking about pressure!

I had her put in as she had 6 BP's and next year this hunt is going to be moved back a couple of weeks, which will put the deer on the mountain and a lot tougher to find.

Going up a little early to look around and set up camp.

You guys gonna be there?

If you are stop by, and yep you got a dandy buck last year..I remember seeing the photos--and the ones of the bighorn sheep as well!

Don

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom