131-134 Rifle Deer

Steve23

Hey guys, still a newbie when it comes to hunting so I’m still unfamiliar with all the area Nevada has to offer. I drew an early tag for October and planning on doing some scouting trips up there. If there’s any advice or tips for the scout anyone can offer through pm I’d really appreciate it. I’d rather get away from the roads so I’m not afraid to hike and put in hours behind some glass. Thanks!

Well you have a real good tag only problem is the big boys hit the trees early. Look up earlier post on this site will give you a good idea.

Darn good tag you have good luck!! How many points did you have? I have been waiting 9 years for this tag as a NR.

I drew a tag this year in this unit and it took 14 year as a non resident. I got tired of putting in for a late hunt and knowing I was not going to draw. My Dad and I drew this together and I could not be happier about it. My dad is 84 yrs old and trains every day he is so excited to go. I hope that the stars align and I can get him a shot at a 170+ buck. I am going the first of September to get a lay of the land, because I have never been in this unit before. I took off enough time from work to hunt the whole season if need be.

Well I was up there in 131 in early Sept gettin a lay of the land for our early rifle hunt. Didn't see alot of deer, but did see alot of sign. It was pretty warm when I was there with a full moon going on. Hope it cools off some by the time the season starts. I did see some cowboys moving there cattle out of there and saw a few wild horses. Looks like he horses are doing pretty well. That cannot be good for the deer and elk herd's there. I sure like the looks of that area. There were quite a few fish in the creek up there too. Can't wait to get back up there.

Plenty of fish in Mormon creek never have fished white river. Ya hunting was tough first week of archery was pretty good didn’t get a buck that week. Had to go back make a 5 day weekend out of Labor Day. Didn’t see any big bucks seems there in the trees already good luck on your hunt.

Was down there Monday and Tuesday. Have hunted this unit plenty of times over the last 25 years and this is by far the worst we have ever seen it. There were people, vehicles and side by sides everywhere. Hiked a few miles back in to where we usually have some luck and no deer around this year. Pretty discouraging what’s happens to this area

Was down there Monday and Tuesday. Have hunted this unit plenty of times over the last 25 years and this is by far the worst we have ever seen it. There were people, vehicles and side by sides everywhere. Hiked a few miles back in to where we usually have some luck and no deer around this year. Pretty discouraging what’s happens to this area
Same. Hiked 2.5 miles in from the nearest road over a couple hills. Only turned up some Does. So many people were beating the roads that I really thought something would be in there or at least pushed into us. Just didn’t happen.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom