13B pronghorn help

AZMZHunter

I apparently was successful after 22 points and drew the 13B rifle pronghorn tag this year. Has anyone hunted this area recently who could give me some advice on where to start and expectations on bucks?

Tough hunt for small bucks, if a resident would turn tag in and save B.P. Good Luck ... Bruce & SilverGrand
Good advice!
I too have spent a fair amount of time in 13b and I don’t think I’ve ever seen an antelope there.
I hope he bought point guard because I sure wouldn’t want to see someone use 22 points on that unit for antelope.

I think you guys are being a little overboard on the negativity. There are 15 tags in the unit so no doubt there are a decent amount of antelope somewhere in the unit. I just have no clue where that would be as I've never hunted it. Also, 22 points in AZ doesn't get you much more than 2 points for antelope. If he is just wanting to kill a buck no doubt they are there. Azgfd website usually has some pointers on where to check in the unit.

I do have the point guard. I will make a weekend trip up there as it gets closer. I will scout it out using the help from the AZGFD website.

The only area in 13B have seen antelope in is Wolf Hole Valley.I d look West of here and South in Sullivan Draw, rd # 1040,find water !!! Have been hunting,guiding in The Strip since mid 90 s. Area not worth 22 B.P. for small bucks... Bruce & SilverGrand

I’ve seen a few around Lower Hurricane Valley and through Wolf Hole Valley as stated above. No stomper bucks but there are bucks around.

I think you guys are being a little overboard on the negativity. There are 15 tags in the unit so no doubt there are a decent amount of antelope somewhere in the unit. I just have no clue where that would be as I've never hunted it. Also, 22 points in AZ doesn't get you much more than 2 points for antelope. If he is just wanting to kill a buck no doubt they are there. Azgfd website usually has some pointers on where to check in the unit.
They sure give a lot of elk tags for 12a though...

They sure give a lot of elk tags for 12a though...
images (1).jpeg

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom