15 NR points for Wyoming

Badlandcat

Thinking of burning 15 points in Wyoming.
Would like to hunt both archery and rifle for a 360 plus bull.
Have a couple areas in mind, just wondering where other folks would burn their points.

360 bull is a tall order in any unit in the state. Park County has historically had the biggest bulls. If you asked about specific units you might get guys to PM you.

Park County would be my choice. Can be challenging for a non-resident.
Lots of units produce 360+ bulls but the NW corner will produce the biggest share.

Yep nw corner or bust for that order and with a guide. Pipe dream to get back bull of that order unguided...happens but can't bet on it.

Several guys I know are jumping with max points to 100.
To many big bull coming out of there the last a 2 years.And I don’t think 113 will be open this year.Better verify

been eyeing 123, 113 and 57 and a lot of people like 100, but I'm not too sure about 100.
123 has Huge private issues unless you go guided, 113 is also very problematic. 57 doesn’t exist. Maybe you are thinking 58, if so either 58 or 100 would be my choices from that group, unless you’re going fully guided. Realistically you need to set your sights on a 320 type bull and virtually any General area in the state can and does produce those type of elk and if you get extremely lucky you might have a chance at a bigger one. Expecting to harvest a 360 bull will leave you highly disappointed and a sure set up for Tag soup.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom