151-156 deer hunting

Frit5

Hay guys first time post long time follower.was just wanting to now if any body hunted these units last year and what there experience was with seeing deer. Over the last six years I have helped on two hunts and I had the tag last year the first two hunts we where seeing a decent amount of deer last year was a different story finding deer was a bit harder. Was just curious if any body else that has hunt there in the past had the same problem last year.

I had a 18 tag last year and a helped a buddy who had a 15 tag we saw and killed good bucks on both hunts but all I can tell u is be where the deer want to be before light and don't come off the mountain till after dark. Good luck it can be a good tag!

Thanks for the reply. I drew the tag again this year hope to find some better bucks this year. Going to maybe try a few new areas out this year always a lot of fun checking out new country.

I drew my first archery tag this year in these units. I’ve never hunted this area, I’ve been scouting a couple times now and I’ve only seen just a few deer. Any tips you may have I would appreciate it man!

There are not a ton of deer. You will find them very near water right now, even in areas where the feed is not great.

I drew my first archery tag this year in these units. I’ve never hunted this area, I’ve been scouting a couple times now and I’ve only seen just a few deer. Any tips you may have I would appreciate it man!
[/QUOTE

What have you been seeing?

My daughter has a 15 tag. We have been out a lot. I put a thread up in the Mule deer forum "spot the bucks"

We have actually seen more deer this year than I expected to see by now.

Send me a PM and I might be able to point out some spots where there should be deer.

Some bucks I found last week.
20200730_192150.jpg
20200730_192232.jpg

That’s awesome to see hope you’re daughter kills a big one. I’m going to be hunting the first week of the season hopefully I can get it done.

How did the archery hunt go hopefully you all got on them. Leaving Friday afternoon hopefully the deer gods will be good to us this year. Good luck to everyone.

My daughter was not able to connect with archery gear.

We do have a couple nice bucks found, which she has a chance at I believe.

I have to rely on friends to help, as I got sick near the end of August and am now in the hospital I think on day 10.

I hope to be out soon, and have a couple friends who have volunteered to help out in the next few weeks while I recover.

Nice congratulations!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom