152B STARKEY EXP FOREST

H

HUNTINGGRIZZLY600

IS THERE ENYBODY OUT THERE THAT HAS HAD THIS TAG OR HUNTED IT FOR ELK! WHAT DID YOU THINK AND DID YOU SEE ANY DEER?

DEER HUNTING! I DREW THE TAG THIS YEAR AND WOULD LOVE TO HERE HOW HE DID!

It's not worth the wait if your puttin in for the tag. A friend drew an elk tag, and didn't see hardly any animals (deer or elk) the week he was there. They made him take a class before he could hunt. Also the area is fenced. Although I drive by there two weeks ago and did see a herd of about 20 on the HWY...

muleyman

YA I GOT THE TAG THIS YEAR AND HAVE HEARD GOOD AND BAD ABOUT THIS HUNT!

Good luck on your hunt! I will be across the HWY huntin first week of achery. It seams with all the comotion in the fenced area, it pushes animals east of the HWY. Another friend of mine killed a 310 bull in there (across HWY) 3yrs ago.

muleyman

theres definately some nice bucks in the fence and some beautiful bulls. You will have to put in your time, but you can find a wallhanger. gonna be dry and loud, hard to put the sneak on em.

hey could ask your friend if you can shoot whitetail in there the reason i ask is my budy went over there this last weekend and seen some good bucks,some huge bulls and one huge whitetail(4x4 with 5 to 6 inch eye guards) sounds like we will have a good hunt and are prepared to work for that wall hanger!

I have spent alot of time in the experimental forest. I used to do fisheries research inside and outside the fence. I have accompanied friends on a couple of different deer hunts as well. The hunting in the fence is no different than outside the fence. If it is hot you have to bust the bucks out of the thickets. The large bucks hole up before sunlight in the thickest stuff. There is lots of spruce bud worm kill in the forest which has opened the canopy allowing the white fir to grow some very dense thickets. Tough to get around in these areas, especially with all the downed timber. Cruchy!!!

If you can get some rain the bucks can be found in the heads of the canyons. You will find that there are no real secrets in the experimental forest. You just have to be more hard core than the next guy.

If it is dry in there it is very tough hunting. You may not see jack. Be prepared for that.

I have seen some of the big bucks and have seen my friend harvest a dandy 28" non typical. The buck was in a pole thicket right on the ridgeline 200 yards above a road and didn't budge until this guys stepped on him. If you have ever hunting blacktails in the timber, it is similar.

I hunted with one guy who missed three 25"+ bucks opening morning.

Be patient and keep your head in the game. With the right weather and a little luck will have a chance at a heavy horned 25"+ buck.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO WE PLAN ON GOING AFTER THEM!THATS ALL I WANT IS ONE NICE BUCK TO PUT ON THE WALL.

Back
Top Bottom