161-164 early deer

nogoodtags

Headed out the 17th to get the lay of the land, and find a few places to concentrate for the hunt. I've heard it's beautiful deer country up high and I can't wait to see it. Wasn't planing on hunting the wilderness, to stay more mobile. I have several areas on the map I want to check out in the higher elevations on the north end of the Monitors and Toquimas. Planing to hunt the last 7 days, around 13th-20th. My question is concerning the areas around six mile summit and morey peak. Could I expect to find deer there that time of year or is it more of a winter area? Sounds like there is more pressure in 161,162 and thought this area may see less pressure. Any feedback from those with experience would be greatly appreciated.

I've only hunted 16 with my bow until this year, since I don't draw 16. I guarantee you every possible road will be driven by road hunters on trucks or quads. But the bucks will hang fairly close to the roads also since no one will spot em or look for them. The area you mentioned will hold bucks year around and I've heard of good ones are in there also.

Thanks velvet.
If there is an archer out there with a tag this year that wants to swap info I'll let you know what I find scouting if you want to report back after your hunt is over? Not trying to take the biggest deer on the unit, happy with 160' s. Any one interested can PM
Thanks

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom