161 Antelope

AZMZHunter

I have drawn the buck antelope permit for unit 161. Does anyone have any information on the antelope herd north and west of Walden, Co? The last time I hunted this unit was 2007 and I killed a decent buck.

Only info I can offer is that the herd has looked healthy the last couple times I’ve been through. Including a couple trips this year.

I have drawn the buck antelope permit for unit 161. Does anyone have any information on the antelope herd north and west of Walden, Co? The last time I hunted this unit was 2007 and I killed a decent buck.
Had the same tag in 2018. Pre-scouting you’ll find some of the best bucks on private along the west portion of North Park that butts up along the foothills. As the rut really kicks in those bucks wIll stray onto the BLM around Lake John & East of there. Opening weekend can be somewhat of a wild goose chase w/ plenty of hunters on the roads. Don’t overlook some of the burned over hills on the north side, as big bucks will herd does up into the hills to avoid satellite buck competition. It’s a real decent hunt if you can hold off the trigger for the type buck that justifies the points needed for the tag. I ended up w/a buck that just made 80”. Seen bigger, but those wouldn’t venture off private.

Have you heard of a PM?, or phone conversation.
Never ceases to amaze , the stupidity shown on messenger boards???
Guys complain about tags, leftovers and competition to get em.

I bet you know where to find the wolves too?

One can assume where you moved here from, who you voted for, and you have your card.

Haha he sold me. I'll be burning my speedgoat points next year!
Have you heard of a PM?, or phone conversation.
Never ceases to amaze , the stupidity shown on messenger boards???
Guys complain about tags, leftovers and competition to get em.

I bet you know where to find the wolves too?

One can assume where you moved here from, who you voted for, and you have your card.

Had the same tag in 2018. Pre-scouting you’ll find some of the best bucks on private along the west portion of North Park that butts up along the foothills. As the rut really kicks in those bucks wIll stray onto the BLM around Lake John & East of there. Opening weekend can be somewhat of a wild goose chase w/ plenty of hunters on the roads. Don’t overlook some of the burned over hills on the north side, as big bucks will herd does up into the hills to avoid satellite buck competition. It’s a real decent hunt if you can hold off the trigger for the type buck that justifies the points needed for the tag. I ended up w/a buck that just made 80”. Seen bigger, but those wouldn’t venture off private.
Thank you for the help. I didn’t intend on creating drama on this site. I was just asking for other hunters experiences and I do appreciate what you have seen.

Thank you for the help. I didn’t intend on creating drama on this site. I was just asking for other hunters experiences and I do appreciate what you have seen.
Hey AZMZHunter - just happy to give a guy some feedback. Just a synopsis of my time spent w/the same tag. Not sure of why some get into drama mode. Thought this Forum was suppose to be to help each other out. Just look over a lot of bucks & pick the one that makes you happy. Have a great hunt !!

Hey AZMZHunter - just happy to give a guy some feedback. Just a synopsis of my time spent w/the same tag. Not sure of why some get into drama mode. Thought this Forum was suppose to be to help each other out. Just look over a lot of bucks & pick the one that makes you happy. Have a great hunt !!
Take your time & stay off the trigger ! Great genetics there ! I spent 2 weeks there, but in ‘05.
Got my wife a dandy buck. But, oh wow lots of miles. Hard 2 weeks.
Best place I saw- the private on west side & near ponds south of south & west of highway going south out of Walden, about 15 miles out then west into BLM Lands approximately 5 miles. It was a memorable hunt for both of us. A hunt never to forget ! Best of Luck ?! ???
Jerry Gold in Windsor, Colorado
EM: [email protected]
307-772-1623 cell

Take your time & stay off the trigger ! Great genetics there ! I spent 2 weeks there, but in ‘05.
Got my wife a dandy buck. But, oh wow lots of miles. Hard 2 weeks.
Best place I saw- the private on west side & near ponds south of south & west of highway going south out of Walden, about 15 miles out then west into BLM Lands approximately 5 miles. It was a memorable hunt for both of us. A hunt never to forget ! Best of Luck ?! ???
Jerry Gold in Windsor, Colorado
EM: [email protected]
307-772-1623 cell
Thank you Jerry for your help. I will post a picture of my buck after the hunt

Thank you Jerry for your help. I will post a picture of my buck after the hunt
Look forward to your photos ! There are a few big ones out there. Tough to find. Look for long prongs- a hard to find asset out there ! My best wishes for a great hunt ! ?
Jerry Gold
Windsor, Colorado ?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom