$$$$$$

Been in the rumor mill for years, this looks legit. Downside is now if you order something you will have to pay sales tax. And I find myself not buying much when I go to the stores in TX unless something is on sale, most of their stuff is overpriced. But now I'm going to contradict myself and confess I dropped 2 grand at the last store I was in, ....Swarovski's were on sale!

Plans were legit back in 2007 too, but then the economy tanked before they broke ground.

A few other cool projects are now just empty parking lots for the same reason, but none cooler than this.

An idea for those who live near the store is to take on a part time job there in the evening(s). It can be after one's normal job hours. Even weekends. There's times they need folks from 6p to 10p and with special knowledge in Hunting Clothing's, Optics, Archery, Fishing, Boating, etc....

In doing so they "MAY" offer/throw in "Staff Discounts". This may be for full time staff but in the hiring interview, it might be negotiable....if: They NEED Your skills or, a warm body. There are jobs mostly for Ladies in Accounting/Money handling in a back room away from customers. Also for Santa's helpers in December. Plus, Shipping/Receiving at the loading dock. Ladies do well there also because freight needs to be scanned and entered into data bases.

Just be geared up to be abused. Bass Pro has in my opinion, zero care or concerns for employees. A Big-Box store like Cabela's may be identical. They give strong lip service about caring but they don't. Retail is a hard way to earn a living.

I wonder if today's announcement is going to kill this deal. I confess that I won't be anywhere near as excited for Bass Pro Shop...

I'm with you, mozey. I was super excited when I saw this news a few months ago. I want to believe they'll still build it, but I'm not sure how things will change. I wouldn't be nearly as excited about having a Bass Pro here in town.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom