16b Packer

12ring

My hunting partner and I have killed 5 bulls in this unit. He was always able to rent us horses from family. We even met two really cool guys in there one year who packed us in and out the next year because they didn’t draw. That made our pack outs easy.

This year my other friend drew the unit and wants me to help him because I did not draw elk. He’s retired military and knows what he’s doing back packing. Knowing what your doing back packing doesn’t equal being able to pack out a bull in the Gila Wildernes though.

We’re going to make 4-5 trips this summer to see where the elk are and to see how the water situation is. We will be hitting the the north central part of the unit. The plan during the hunt is to have a trailer around the trail head and to spike camp 4-5 miles in.

Is anyone on here for hire to pack out a downed bull? Can I get a recommendation of a packer that might be able to do it during the first archery season? Thanks.

Good luck man. My youth son n I will be in there on foot spiking it. And hopefully blessed to be working hard to pack his bull out on our packs. Great times

Ya Ok a 16B tag and your going to shoot a cow. Not I if I ever am lucky enough to draw it
Well I guess missed the part where it specified if it was a Resident Archery or Non Resident rifle hunt. If Resident Archery than that is a tag you can draw with ease. And yes if you are having a hard time coming up with the means to haul out a giant bull than you may adjust your criteria of what you will take. It’s not the r d of the world if you kill a smaller bull or cow in the great Gila ??‍♂️

Oh there it is, it’s first archery, that’s not a tough tag to draw. I’d be more comfortable with adjusting my hunting style than to rely on strangers or spend money to hire people.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom