16D Success

RabidRattleSnake1

Got this guy last Friday. 50 yard shot and he was down 80 yards latter. Bulls were screaming every day. Really wet hunt, but I guess thats the norm for the second hunt. At least it was not as wet as last year.

5971image.jpg

Couldn't get a good field pic. He flipped upside down in a fallen pine tree. We couldn't move him. We had to quarter him upside down in the tangle. We had to cut tree limbs for 30 minutes just to get the horns out. My buddy took a couple of pics with his camera of the way we found him. I'll post a pic as soon as I get it from him. Hardest field dressing job I have ever had to do.

Blackfoot no luck for the old guy. Close calls, but he couldn't make the shot. He did end up spending some $$$ on arrows lost in the forest. His going home empty was not for a lack of opportunity.

I actually got busted twice under 100 by cows on larger bulls than this one. One was pushing 380", but he would not move and had about 30 cows with him. The other was a 350" class bull. He just would not slow down. He was chasing cows all around me, but never gave me a clear shot.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom