17 insight

I'm really itching to hunt NV again. NR 2 points and only hunt archery. Hunted 051 three years ago but not likely to draw again this year.
Swinging for the fence as usual with my first 2-3 choices and I'm looking at 171-173 as my 3rd or 4th choice, anyone have recent reports on it. I hunted it well over 15 years ago up by Columbine but didn't have the time to put the work into it.

I’m guessing you applied for deer? If so that is a solid hunt. Check out the northern end of the unit & be wary of private property if you draw.

I hunted antelope in unit 173 back in 2016. I scouted the entire unit but ended up hunting the southern end. During my scouting though, I spent a good amount of time at the northern end of unit 173. I saw a good number of deer & a few fair bucks in bachelor groups just slowly driving the dirt roads. I haven’t been up into the mountain range, but I would imagine you could get into some better class of bucks a little higher. From what I saw, the terrain was definitely doable for an archery hunt as there were a lot of rolling hills & drainage ditches.

I drew the archery tag for 17 two year ago. On my first scouting trip, I set up base camp at Columbine but I was running into other hunters even after hiking in almost 5 miles. The Arc Dome and the surrounding areas are a popular spot apparently.

The next time around I headed south of the Dome and the difference was night and day. The only caveat - if you don't have an ATV, be prepared for major scratches on your vehicle. The trails are very narrow. PM me if interested and I will tell you everything I know.

Running this Unit again. 3rd year in a row, saw some decent stuff last year just couldn't get close enough. Taking ATVs up this year, the roads were way to dicey to get back to where some good base camps would be with the truck. Hoping the roads are better this year.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom