17 NR deer preference points

Ynothunt41

I'm looking to burn my deer points next year. I live in PA so scouting will be tough. I will get to the unit early to scout before the hunt and plan to hunt the whole season. I'm looking at 66 2nd season or 54 or 55 3rd season. Any body hunt these units in the last couple years that will give me some direction? I am not locked on the GB but it seems like the best location. Just seeing that country will be a bonus.

Glad to help with knowledge from this season. I’m going to that 66 area with a friend on 3 rd season. Never been there, but will learn a lot. Staying in Gunnison motel.
Contact me next year about what I learned.
Happy to assist you !! Jerry Gold ?????? Ft Collins, Co E M: [email protected]

You're going to have a quality experience with good trophy potential on any hunt that requires 10+ points. Having said that, I would probably lean more towards a 3rd season tag than a 2nd season tag. I would also recommend looking at units that don't have OTC elk hunts going on at the same time as that will result in seeing fewer people overall.

You're going to have a quality experience with good trophy potential on any hunt that requires 10+ points. Having said that, I would probably lean more towards a 3rd season tag than a 2nd season tag. I would also recommend looking at units that don't have OTC elk hunts going on at the same time as that will result in seeing fewer people overall.
Thank you SureShot...I will definitely keep that info in mind.

Keep in mind season dates next are late. A lot of people will be dumping points, so expect a big jump in how many points it will take to draw a tag. I would look at 12 to 13 point units to be safe.... but even in that range (especially if the tag allotment is low) you could be in danger of not drawing

Keep in mind season dates next are late. A lot of people will be dumping points, so expect a big jump in how many points it will take to draw a tag. I would look at 12 to 13 point units to be safe.... but even in that range (especially if the tag allotment is low) you could be in danger of not drawing
Yep, I agree. The units I listed are about that point range this year.

I was planning on a 67 4th season this year with 22 NR points. I did not draw. Last year it took 21 points to draw, this year was 23. May be even worse point creep next year with the later seasons. I'd suggest a unit and season that you have at least 2 points over what it took this year to draw or you may get disappointed like I did. I'm planning to apply for a 3rd season next year with 23 points that took 20 this year. Good luck!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom