Wanted 17 Remington

Hunt4more

Very Active Member
Looking to find a 17 Remington to control ground squirrels. Any recommendations or know of one available?

There’s a bunch on gunbroker, but they’re kinda spendy. I would be worried about ammo too.

Why not 17 hmr? Lotsa rifle choices and ammo is relatively easy to find. Not near the cool factor though…..

I haven’t thought about the HMR but if they ammos more available and cheaper, it’s probably a better option for ground squirrels

A lot quieter too. Perfect inside 100 yards. I have a savage 93r17 which is a ton of fun to shoot - and cheap and easy.

A 17 rem is more of a roll-your-own kinda thing. But very cool nonetheless.

I have a 17 HMR and a few thousand rounds of ammo that I've been stockpiling. If you can find ammo it's a great little round. They even make lead free bullets for us in CA.

You’re far better off following the above advice. Impossible to get factory ammo for. And a nightmare to handload for. Rifles chambered in 223, brass, and 40 grain bullets or factory ammo can be found everywhere. If you’re dead set on a centerfire.

Those .17 hmr are flippin tack drivers... was never a fan of it. But I knew a guy hurting for money and I got his 93r 17 for $50. Kids use it for rabbit season. They pull some good head shots under 100 yards very easy

even more fun.....17hm2.....

....and the hmr is a 200 yd squirrel gun....

Last edited:
Those .17 hmr are flippin tack drivers... was never a fan of it. But I knew a guy hurting for money and I got his 93r 17 for $50. Kids use it for rabbit season. They pull some good head shots under 100 yards very easy
You knew he was “hurting for money” and you took advantage of the situation? And then you brag on the internet about it.
Classy Amigo.

I have a 17 HMR and a few thousand rounds of ammo that I've been stockpiling. If you can find ammo it's a great little round. They even make lead free bullets for us in CA.
Which lead free bullets are you using, and how is their performance?
When those tin .22’s came out they were almost impossible to find and performance was crappy. And this not being able to order ammo on line puts a dampener on getting ammo.

he came to me and said he wanted $50 cause he needed to money. If i didnt buy then someone else would so whats wrong with capitalizing on that deal?
As long as both parties are happy with the deal, who cares. You don't have to defend anything.

he came to me and said he wanted $50 cause he needed to money. If i didnt buy then someone else would so whats wrong with capitalizing on that deal?
Hopefully you gave the guy a chance to buy it back when his situation improved. Nothing says you have to, however.

Hopefully you gave the guy a chance to buy it back when his situation improved. Nothing says you have to, however.

I did get him hired on at work if that counts. He doesn't own guns anymore or wants anything to do with them. Went straight to be a liberal. I wish I would bought his 204 ruger. That to was a screaming deal but I was to late.

too....twice
I did get him hired on at work if that counts. He doesn't own guns anymore or wants anything to do with them. Went straight to be a liberal. I wish I would bought his 204 ruger. That to was a screaming deal but I was to late.

Hey nfh!

I'll Give You a 100.00 For It!

Doubling Your Money!:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom