177 Fort Rock

baltz526

Year 13 of drawing 177. With zero points. Planning on hunting the water and surrounding old growth lodgepole after last years poor activity found farther east. The hazards of hunting the water, Bow hunters run everything out some years. Some guy will see a big buck, then the rumor mill ruins an area for the fall. Solo this year, So if someone else thinks they need camp help. Welcome.

Last storm we got about 1/2" of rain. This weekend the forecast has a longer moisture stream with snow levels dropping to 7200'. Cold rain will get the migration moving. And the mushrooms growing.

My daughter has the Steens Mt tag this year so we are hoping for some good moisture coming up! Enough rain to get the fall grasses growing, cool daytime temps and quiet down the hiking would be great!

Hard frost this morning. Yesterday I stopped at Winco and picked up my final food list. Loaded it in the TT and plugged in the power for refrigeration/freezer.

Returned from camp last night empty handed. We had 3 tags, all remain un-filled. I am still planning on going out tonight for a last hour effort. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We spent most of our time in the timber. I'm trying my luck out east in the sagebrush tonight. We ran into a very large camp leaving the area on Sunday and they had filled 5 tags in the same area we were camped and hunting in. several were big bucks, one a 5 point. Anyone else fill a tag?

C4BF2C57-E5AF-4642-B99F-D0A6BD9BAC64.jpeg
Posted my own thread but here’s my daughter’s buck.

Back
Top Bottom